show on-duty mechanics on the mini map

Merr Khan

What if mechanics would need a special repair kit that only they can purchase to repair cars? So even if they clocked in to repair their own vehicles, it wouldn't be free... This may also help a bit with providing an actual service - business oriented - where mechanics will have actual fees and no longer "We work on tips".
I said this many times, in my experience it's rare that i go to a repair shop and actually encounter mechanics RPing the whole thing out. I like to go and say what's wrong, id love it if they told me they needed to get a part that will arrive tomorrow... whatever. Right now it's park, repair, pay whatever i'm in the mood for and gone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Flori said:

I said this many times, in my experience it's rare that i go to a repair shop and actually encounter mechanics RPing the whole thing out. I like to go and say what's wrong, id love it if they told me they needed to get a part that will arrive tomorrow... whatever.

I think a lot of people just dont know shit about cars. I said my radiator is busted one time and he fixed it by giving me an oil change :/

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think this would be a great idea and would help everyone in the city all together 

16 hours ago, Gianni Vermicelli said:

I think a lot of people just dont know shit about cars. I said my radiator is busted one time and he fixed it by giving me an oil change :/

Im thinking about putting up a general guide for something like this, just for general knowledge and tips of mechanic work

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, Merr Khan said:

I hear a lot of complaints about players paying extra for repairs, signaling that a mechanic is clocked on, but with no response from phone calls, or tweets about doing repairs. IMO it is impossible to spot a player who is clocked in as a mechanic and is not doing the job. Or just repairing their own vehicle for free, i can't see if they are paying or not.   

lets make on-duty mechanics show up as a..... green dot for everyone to see. that way when we see them doing other jobs, we can report them and end the abuse, otherwise it is up to the admin team alone to catch these bad apples. 

We can't report what we can't see...... 

not only that make the tow truck and mechanic a seperate job. so when people are just running a tow truck then people wont complain that there not at a mechanic shop

• 2 weeks later...