Police nerf

Before I start I know that all the cops and Admins are going to say it fine the way it is but its not the fact of the madder is PD have ALL the power. They can see every thing thing you do meth they can see you. Weed they will find you. Cocaine they have cameras in the coke labs like really its getting to the point to where i never want to do something illegal again because i know im going to get punished. It's an RP server but when I can RP because PD is all ways having there way and never let you get away its not fun to do illegal jobs any more because when they know what ever you do when ever you do it its not fun and when legal job don't pay for shit there is nothing to do except sit around and talk. OK and let me say I know the reason is for balance because the second you nerf the PD in a section way every one and there sister is going to abuse the hell out of it. But i fell like when all the legal job pay like shit it is the best way to make money but when the PD are on top of it all the time its kind of a buzz kill and makes e never want to do illegals ever again. Why do you think every one stands at 2/6 because every one sits and collects money because they know the risk is almost certain dead when they do something. I don't want to hurt anyone on PD's feelings but when you can see if people launder money that is strait up stupid and i hate it. And it is a RP server but some of the cops don't RP and they don't care about the story you give them the second you get cough you lose that is all there is to it. They will arrest you or fine you based on weather or not they got a alert on your phone. If you get cough at the cement place you lose no mater what there is no way out your screwed period.    DISCLAIMER THIS IS MY OPINION what do you think

Edited by Alex Asrock
forgot info
  • Thanks 2

Gonna dissect this part by part and comment on each. Going to start by saying I do not represent the LSPD as a whole; these are my personal responses. For some sort of credibility, I have over nine months of cop experience on this server alone, as well as hundreds of hours as a civilian here. Just under two thousand hours of FiveM experience in total.

"They can see every thing thing you do meth they can see you" The Journey van can cook pretty much anywhere, and can move at will. We have restrictions on how often we can contact our informants, so if you're switching spots every now and then and getting creative, you'll be golden.

"Weed they will find you" Do your growing in short bursts and bring a lookout with you. Take your time and be careful, and you won't get caught.

"Cocaine they have cameras in the coke labs" Again, bring a lookout with you. It's a death trap to walk into a building with no windows without some sort of intel.

"its getting to the point to where i never want to do something illegal again because i know im going to get punished." Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the point of cops? If you were able to do illegal activities unhindered, there would be no fun for the LEOs and the legal jobs would be abandoned. Play your cards right, make a plan, be smart about things.

//skipping some rambling

"but when the PD are on top of it all the time its kind of a buzz kill and makes e never want to do illegals ever again" It's our job to. By all means, outsmart us. We welcome it.

"when you can see if people launder money that is strait up stupid and i hate it" You mean when someone puts a keychain up for sale at $158411 and launders all of their money in one fell swoop? I can confidently say that I've never once conducted a store raid outside of training sessions within the department.

"And it is a RP server but some of the cops don't RP and they don't care about the story you give them the second you get cough you lose that is all there is to it." Never expect your fines to be reduced. Walk into it preparing to lose, and just roleplay with the flow. If a virtual number goes down a bit further, big whoop. Make it all back through cleverness and careful planning.

I know, I know. The LSPD have the Combat Pistol (that has slightly better stats than the Pistol and worse than the Pistol MkII), Shotguns/SMGs (which are restricted to about 10 officers total and have strict regulations regarding when they can be used)! However, the difference is that the LSPD have an SOP. They have guidelines. Civilians do not. They can--within the rules of the server--do whatever they damn well please. Want four revolver-armed sharpshooters holed up in a 24/7 with the only exit watched like a hawk? Go for it. The LSPD don't get that chance. The criminals are the ones creating the roleplay, the LSPD supplement it.

Edited by Storrent
replaced condescending remark with actual feedback
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ask any of the PD around here, I do illegal shit ALL OF THE TIME and I don't get caught every time. Sure, sometimes I get caught, but thats what makes it fun, the risk involved. You win some, you lose some. Overall though, I make enough profit on my illegal activities to pay those legal fees I incur ;) 

• Like 8

@Alex Asrock

I see you're a member of LSFD, that's great. You should request a civilian ride along with PD so you can sort of see how the other half live. I've been meaning to do the same with EMS. All that is required to ride along with PD is approval from a Lieutenant or higher and then the logistics of arrangement. It might help inform your opinion a little more about some of the subjects you've brought up today.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gasman said:

@Alex Asrock

I see you're a member of LSFD, that's great. You should request a civilian ride along with PD so you can sort of see how the other half live.

Yes i am on the EMS and also i am approved for a interview for PD but this was more of a rant with things i see when i play as my other character that is a crime lord so I do crime all the time so some time it seems like the cops are always up my ass. Look i don't hate the PD in fact i love it and im so happy that i maybe apart of it. I was sharing my thought about i think PD my change. and i know being a officer is not easy but some time it seams like I get cough all the time.

Edited by Alex Asrock

How exactly does the system for police Work? I Got caught so Many times today, and i tried a few different methods.. didn’t have lookout, but i never Got more than about 20 sales before Cops rolled up on me... again and again, and we’re talking like minutes apart. Same cops just a whole different area.. even tried movin while Selling, selling like 10 then movin about 1 - 2 min drive away, and they were still just catching me like i had a Big yellow dot right on top of me.

1 minute ago, HalcyonEnd said:

I'm pretty sure I literally saw your character tweet "Anyone wanna buy some meth?" at one point.

If you did that IRL you wouldn't last long either. 

Common sense, being subtle and stealthy and unpredictable go a long way.

So they can track my where abouts?

14 minutes ago, HalcyonEnd said:

I'm pretty sure I literally saw your character tweet "Anyone wanna buy some meth?" at one point.

If you did that IRL you wouldn't last long either. 

Common sense, being subtle and stealthy and unpredictable go a long way.

And by the Way drug dealers use the internet all the time to sell drugs, only IRL they’d be able to post something anonymously.

5 hours ago, Thorgs said:

Locals call Police all the time to report criminals just like any other concerned citizen

But how does that system work, as i Said Some of the times i was caught i was moving to a different are 1 - 2 minutes away after Selling about 5 - 10 units... the only Way the police Would’ve been able to find me as easily as they did, has to be that i was visible to Them on Their map at all times.

10 minutes ago, Jordan.S said:

Police can never see a citizen on their map. As thorgs said, the local citizens get concerned with drug sellers and other criminals on their streets. We. Respond to their calls and investigate the area.

Well you found me Way too easy, after i even put a fair share amount of effort into avoiding you... well guess i’ll need to get some backup and just shoot my Way out.

2 hours ago, Mr. Namnam said:

Well you found me Way too easy, after i even put a fair share amount of effort into avoiding you... well guess i’ll need to get some backup and just shoot my Way out.

I'm going to assume you are reasonably new to the community. We have a lot of experienced officers that have been around for a long time. We also, have a ton of experienced criminals that are very good at not being caught. 

The current mechanics have been in place for ages and work very well, my only suggestion is you take more time to learn, and develop your techniques. Meet other gangs / criminals RP and learn with them. By all means get backup and shoot if necessary. Just please remember this is an RP community, the money really isn't important

11 minutes ago, Jordan.S said:

I'm going to assume you are reasonably new to the community. We have a lot of experienced officers that have been around for a long time. We also, have a ton of experienced criminals that are very good at not being caught. 

The current mechanics have been in place for ages and work very well, my only suggestion is you take more time to learn, and develop your techniques. Meet other gangs / criminals RP and learn with them. By all means get backup and shoot if necessary. Just please remember this is an RP community, the money really isn't important

Well it’s quite hard to develop a technique, as i was using 1 for a few days then it doesn’t work. But i am assuming the police was NOT online for those few days. So it’s quite hard to make a technique, when it works 1 Day then they are online and then it doesn’t work. So really i am just trying to get an answer on how the policing system Works...

because it’s quite hard to trick a system where you have no idea how it works.. like in Real life, dealing is fairly easy, as you Can just get a burner phone and get in touch with People on the internet that wants to buy drugs.. and police can’t text you on the number you message out.. as that would be entrapment.

1 minute ago, Mr. Namnam said:

So really i am just trying to get an answer on how the policing system Works

I already told you how it works you just need to be a smarter criminal when selling drugs.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Namnam said:

Can just get a burner phone and get in touch with People on the internet that wants to buy drugs.. and police can’t text you on the number you message out.. as that would be entrapment.

Well we don't have internet here just Twitter and as to your not messaging you is false Police do it all the time for a sting it's not entrapment and or they use a CI to make the meet and catch you that way as well

1 hour ago, Thorgs said:

I already told you how it works you just need to be a smarter criminal when selling drugs.

Well we don't have internet here just Twitter and as to your not messaging you is false Police do it all the time for a sting it's not entrapment and or they use a CI to make the meet and catch you that way as well

Never caught my ass

Mr. Namnam, this is RP. Yes it is kept as close to "realism" as possible, however at the end of the day this is a game. The community was launched to allow anyone to come and join in the RP experience, have the thrill of running from cops, catch criminals, interact and do things that you wouldn't in the real world necessarily. I feel you are drifting towards treating badlands as GTA online, which it couldn't be any further from. Focus on your interactions, create scenarios, just have fun with it. Like I suggested before, get to know people in city, join a criminal group and learn their techniques to avoiding police. There are endless possibilities to what you want your badlands experience to be.

As I said the mechanic's system police use isn't going to be publicly announced on the forums, although veteran criminals within the city will be able to guide you as they have the experience. If you are getting caught, don't become "salty" give the officers a great scene. Create a story for yourself, officers are taught first and foremost to reward RP. You show them you are committed and that will reflect in the ticket you receive. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jordan.S said:

Mr. Namnam, this is RP. Yes it is kept as close to "realism" as possible, however at the end of the day this is a game. The community was launched to allow anyone to come and join in the RP experience, have the thrill of running from cops, catch criminals, interact and do things that you wouldn't in the real world necessarily. I feel you are drifting towards treating badlands as GTA online, which it couldn't be any further from. Focus on your interactions, create scenarios, just have fun with it. Like I suggested before, get to know people in city, join a criminal group and learn their techniques to avoiding police. There are endless possibilities to what you want your badlands experience to be.

As I said the mechanic's system police use isn't going to be publicly announced on the forums, although veteran criminals within the city will be able to guide you as they have the experience. If you are getting caught, don't become "salty" give the officers a great scene. Create a story for yourself, officers are taught first and foremost to reward RP. You show them you are committed and that will reflect in the ticket you receive. 

So using a car as a weapon makes it GTA online?

Letting people use a car as a weapon on a public server such as this would result in multiple "troll" kills, and just general cause havoc. I know other servers allow it and generally they are white listed or very hardcore RP. There isn't a need for it here in badlands. It's an implemented rule the same as RDM is. To create a fair and level field for all and to promote RP first and foremost.

Edited by Jordan.S
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jordan.S said:

Letting people use a car as a weapon on a public server such as this would result in multiple "troll" kills, and just general cause havoc. I know other servers allow it and generally they are white listed or very hardcore RP. There isn't a need for it here in badlands. It's an implemented rule the same as RDM is. To create a fair and level field for all and to promote RP first and foremost.

“Fair and level field” everyone has a car, most people have no weapons. Allowing you to use the car in self defence levvels the field in my opinion.. have no idea how using a car makes it unfair towards anyone, as acquiring a car is a lot Easier than getting a weapons license and a weapon. 

• Sad 1