revert to the old /me

WTFjamie

what are your thoughts  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

im not a huge fan of the new /me

i am someone who uses /me alot in story driven scenarios in the city and the new /me does not allow that anymore, you can not put as much information, and it vanishes way to fast.

i would like to see maybe a second option potentially /mee that uses the old way so we can see it in the chat box for those people who do use it in story driven ways

• Sad 1

See and I would 100 percent disagree. The new system is so much better, I use it for a ton of my role play too and feel it’s far better this way. I don’t want it in chat for people to meta. Always hated doing mes just to have someone in another room comment on it as if they have super human see through walls powers. If you don’t catch it you don’t catch it. And it forces you to pay attention and stay engaged. However it could maybe last a few seconds longer. 

• Like 9

I have to agree with Kota on this one. The new system I feel works far better, and could just do with being up for 2 or 3 seconds longer. I understand some like to have very /me story driven RP. However my personal opinion is that it's a voice based RP server, not text based. /me is only a tool to give more depth of emotion / actions that we can't mechanically portray.

• Like 2

Gotta agree with Kota on this one. IRL if you weren't looking at a person, you wouldn't see them conveying emotions or doing actions. I've been metagamed so many times because people can ''see'' me in an apartment with someone, or behind a wall, etc, doing otherwise noiseless activities, and then they go around and gossip about it. Also, people who go afk had the ability to hit 't' and look to see what actions people performed while they weren't even there to see it. I have not had a problem with the length of time the new /me lasts either. If I'm paying attention, I have more than enough time to read it twice or three times, even if its long. Maybe I'm just a fast reader though :P I can't see the harm it the time being bumped up a couple seconds though.

• Like 3

Think personally new system is fine. Example guy walks up to get some water from water fountain. He /me touches lips to water fountain and drinks, firstly new system unless your looking at hime you wouldn’t see this where as old system it would be in top left for infinite time if your Twitter was quiet. Also new system doesn’t say your name which unless your personally knew the guy you wouldn’t know who it is. I mean if I just made out with the water fountain I wouldn’t want someone who I didn’t know through RP calling me out by name on it in twitter or something. Improvement in my mind.