Command to mute disconnect chat.

• 1 month later...

@speed removing the player join and disconnect are messages that are easily removable but require modifications in the core chat handler.
It is very simple actually, just head up to /resources/[system]/chat and open sv_chat.lua, then find the following lines :

AddEventHandler('playerConnecting', function()
AddEventHandler('playerDropped', function(reason)

and commenting these handlers out.

save it and your good.

Edited by Philip Nelson

6 minutes ago, Philip Nelson said:

@speed removing the player join and disconnect are messages that are easily removable but require modifications in the core chat handler.
It is very simple actually, just head up to /resources/[system]/chat and open sv_chat.lua, then find the following lines :

AddEventHandler('playerConnecting', function()
AddEventHandler('playerDropped', function(reason)

and commenting these handlers out.

save it and your good.

Not true. Those handlers are already removed in our code.

Serpico has identified a way to do it, but again... work.

47 minutes ago, Reuben ~ Reckonity said:

Insert name here* has disconnected" when i'm trying to RP a serious situation. Just annoys me at times.

So why are you looking at chat when your RP'ing and couldn't you say the same when you get a text message

• Like 1

Just now, Thorgs said:

So why are you looking at chat when your RP'ing and couldn't you say the same when you get a text message

Well good point, it's pretty hard to avoid the chat though, although the new twitter system heading into the city will fix the situation with Twitter so that's not an issue, plus I can understand the Text Message pop up, while i'd love for it just to be a sound and not the notification it can help a lot. I would only like a way to disable it, kinda like /mutedisconnects.