Add more cars for RP diversity

9 minutes ago, StanJoeHall said:

Hey,

Ice cream truck, hearses, tractors: there are probably quite a few vehicles that if available to players would incite for more RP. So is it doable to implement these? What would speak against it, if anything?

Helps to search for a topic then start a new one 

5 minutes ago, Storrent said:

You can already lockpick these vehicles for RP scenarios, they'd be a bit too niche for the dealership.

I'll make sure to bring that up at MRPD if Father Jacobson ever gets caught lockpicking a hearse :)

20 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

Helps to search for a topic then start a new one 

You're right, I didn't see it, Although it seems to me that post you referred talks about a whole lotta other cars/vehicles.

So the question then is: Is there another way of implementing these cars then if they can be appreciated for their RP potential. Being able to rent them for RP purposes? Whitelist them to certain players? Or why not add them to the store anyway under the condition they be used for RP only?

• Serpico locked and unlocked this topic

I wish we could use cool, role-specific vehicles but those are prone for abuse. I remember when I lockpicked Bulldozer and used it to remove broken car from mechanics shop. Next day I see 6+ bulldozers messing around at that shop crashing and trashing stuff. Now dozers have security lock installed. You cannot use them in RP which is shame as I would love to use one in scrapyard.

Edited by Victor
  • Like 1