Vehicle Damage Reduction

dK_

Are there any plans to tweak the values of how much vehicles get damaged? In general i do enjoy and understand the system but we all know locals in gta 5 are pretty much coded to run into you at times, I know I’m not the only only to experience a local going Mach 1 speeds to make sure it gets into the intersection to cause a crash, it just gets extremely frustrating when you have just left the mechanics just to some random local randomly whip a left corner into your rear quarter panel then having your engine break because of it.

• Like 3

+1

I would like to agree with @Richie I dont like when the locals drive crazy into you and it wont even be your fault and then you get a vehicle that is broken in the road. In this clip my engine didnt break but it is just an example that happened to me not even an hour ago. 

• Haha 1

As a member of LSPD, I can attest... the locals are..BEYOND TRASH at driving. However I dont believe the fix is to increase cars dmg resistance. That opens a whole brand new can of worms. Rather see if we can find a script to make the AI better at driving, or perhaps take less dmg from locals, if the game can register a difference. Alot of vehicles take quite a beating before breaking down as it. Ive seen several times a sports car, or even a Karuma, plow into a local at 100+ and still drive off.

9 hours ago, Dorian_Fendrel said:

Rather see if we can find a script to make the AI better at driving, or perhaps take less dmg from locals, if the game can register a difference.

I believe if you look in one of the patch notes you can see it states "better driving AI" but its a bit buggy as we can see. For the "taking less dmg from locals" would be a bit better idea. Dont think that this is possible knowing that locals running into each other is a terrible thing already and dont think anything can fix that. It would be realistic for a local to fly into the back of you and your car would be spotless. Now if you are trying to say the local run into you and be a little damaged but not broken, then thats what I am looking forward to as well.

Unfortunately there's no way to take specifically less damage from AI when they run into you. Damage modifiers are a global settings that can be increased or decreased per vehicle. As someone previously stated, decreasing the damage taken isn't the right solution, tweaking the AI to stop a little shorter would probably be more feasible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...