Ideas for more Legal Jobs

Flori

1- I think someone proposed this already but couldn't find it. I would love to see the "winemaker" job. Harvesting and processing at the vineyards and then selling at the city like many of the other jobs already out there.

2- Is it possible to despawn NPCs? It could open the job opportunity for Morgue workers (or however they are called). If there would be this kind of job at the Job Selector, they could basically drive around or even get called as a service when someone sees a dead NPC anywhere. Dont know, just a thought :)

Thanks for reading!!

• Like 2

Both of these would be nice!

I might throw this out here as well, I'm not sure if these are suggested already.

1. Cargo truck driver.

- Drviving long trips with a cargo truck. (For example from paleto bay to south LS harbor and unload the cargo there)

- To do this job you should buy a big truck. (Like Phantom.)

2. Loader (idk what this should be called)

- You should load cargo trucks with a forklift. Or do some organization at warehouses.

I don't know if it's possible to implement these but there's just some ideas for you! :)

Edited by yNzx_
  • Like 1

It took me quite a while  but after reading all the previous posts on the forums I'm getting a better sense of the server. So to save you some time, one of the good ones is:

Plenty of good ideas there. I suggest that people read those to highlight the ones that you like and how you would do them differently, along to add fresh new ideas.
@Flori I like this post you made because some new jobs are needed.  The main issue at the moment is that most are based on collecting>transform>sell. There are the services EMT and PD that sure are more complex but also require white list.  Delivering tacos, been a mechanic are cool but they are missing the part of interaction and RP, unless you get stopped for speeding, or fall from a windmill.

I think a cool job would be tow worker. Using a flatbed truck been able to pick up cars if owner is close by, to move them somewhere else or repair them right there. Another option could be that if an officer marks a car for impound they could come pick it up, and deliver it to the impound area. The first example would get paid in function of what both players agree, the tower and the one that needs assistance. In case of impounding for police then they get payed if they deliver the car correctly to the impound place. If no towing workers active, then impound should work as it's been till now, simply making the car go away when the officer impounds it.

@yNzx_ Truck driver sure it's a good job. I seen it before, it gets boring but the pay compensates it. Different destinations to deliver and pick up, will make it more dynamic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tomas García said:

@yNzx_ Truck driver sure it's a good job. I seen it before, it gets boring but the pay compensates it. Different destinations to deliver and pick up, will make it more dynamic.

Well, if you're really into it then it wont get boring ;) And you can have different characters for each job so that way it keeps it interesting :P

Edited by yNzx_
typo

9 hours ago, Flori said:

1- I think someone proposed this already but couldn't find it. I would love to see the "winemaker" job. Harvesting and processing at the vineyards and then selling at the city like many of the other jobs already out there.

2- Is it possible to despawn NPCs? It could open the job opportunity for Morgue workers (or however they are called). If there would be this kind of job at the Job Selector, they could basically drive around or even get called as a service when someone sees a dead NPC anywhere. Dont know, just a thought :)

Thanks for reading!!

The winemaker job would be simple to implement, the structure is already there from the other gathering jobs. I'm not sure how popular it would be though, since it follows the same basic harvest->process->sell formula so many other jobs use (although this one would be legal?)

The Morgue job is actually a cool idea. I've been wondering how we might be able to integrate the hospital interior into gameplay. We might be able to make this work somehow.

7 hours ago, Tomas García said:

I think a cool job would be tow worker. Using a flatbed truck been able to pick up cars if owner is close by, to move them somewhere else or repair them right there. Another option could be that if an officer marks a car for impound they could come pick it up, and deliver it to the impound area. The first example would get paid in function of what both players agree, the tower and the one that needs assistance. In case of impounding for police then they get payed if they deliver the car correctly to the impound place. If no towing workers active, then impound should work as it's been till now, simply making the car go away when the officer impounds it.

A towing job is in development and this is actually pretty close to how I envisioned it working. @Serpico is handling the implementation though, so he might have a slightly different idea. I'll tag up with him and check.

8 hours ago, yNzx_ said:

1. Cargo truck driver.

- Drviving long trips with a cargo truck. (For example from paleto bay to south LS harbor and unload the cargo there)

- To do this job you should buy a big truck. (Like Phantom.)

A delivery job of this sort is in the works as well. We won't be using trailers though. The trucks are too slow and frankly it gets boring quick when you top out at 40mph in the mountains. Trucks like the Mule are a bit quicker and tend to be less boring, so that's probably what we'll start with.

• Like 2

Can the winery be combined with a delivery mission.  Gather, Process and Distribute?  You could go to the job center to get the job to distribute before or after you make the wine.  It would be a combination of harvesting type jobs with delivery mission.

Edited by TiLLeR
  • Like 1

We need more jobs that are more hands-on like mechanic and taxi I get so bored doing the wait at a spot to fill inventory and then go sell jobs main reason I am not that rich. lol 

Edited by KotaJon91
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KotaJon91 said:

We need more jobs that are more hands-on like mechanic and taxi I get so bored doing the wait at a spot to fill inventory and then go sell jobs main reason I am not that rich. lol 

Well the taxi job should have some NPC customers as well. Because how it is right now, it's pretty boring since there's no one literally using taxi when you can buy a car for 500$. If I see a taxi I use it just for the sake of RP but many people doesn't even bother to use a taxi.

4 hours ago, yNzx_ said:

Well the taxi job should have some NPC customers as well. Because how it is right now, it's pretty boring since there's no one literally using taxi when you can buy a car for 500$. If I see a taxi I use it just for the sake of RP but many people doesn't even bother to use a taxi.

We're exploring this now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KotaJon91 said:

@KotaJon91 I love the fact that the city will provide more jobs like that, but we also have a few ideas to provide real jobs once the Chamber of commerce opens (if its possible scripting wise) Hopefully people can get creative with that too :)