EMS and PD scenes

luna

i would love to see certain emergency scenes be more of an "inconvenience" for lack of a better term. and what i mean by that is, if someone is involved in a car accident, PD and EMS would both be on the scene (if possible),

-PD would cordon off the area (maybe with use of placeable barriers?) and after the patient is up,

-question them on the accident, if an NPC/player hit them and drove off, RP it as a hit and run, if they didn't drive off then PD can chat to them.

-The vehicle which the victim was driving should get towed, as it was involved in an accident and would not be fit for further use until repaired at a mechanic (it would.. but realistically)

-maybe firetrucks/firefighters (if available) could be on scene in case the vehicle catches fire

what i'm trying to get at is, i would love these "smaller" incidents to be treated as bigger incidents, if there is a mule flipped in the middle of the road, block off that road until it can be towed (this could also encourage the addition of "Public Works" and make tow truck drivers even more relevant). i would like these scenes to take longer, as currently in a public server, if LSFD are attempting to help you up at such a scene and they are rushed along, it makes (at least me..) feel like a revive-bot. i would love to see that changed in 2.0, because currently being clocked on as LSFD is where i lose most of my immersion

it's just something i think would enhance RP and realism for everyone involved and everyone that is witnessing it

any thoughts and suggestions?

• Like 9

I've actually done this before. Had a guy and his bud get in a wreck with a local. His buddy got ejected and needed medical attention. They called both EMS and PD and I was the responding officer. I took the gentleman aside and got a full discription of what happened, the estimated value of his car, and his information on the vehicle. RP'd that I wrote out an entire police report on the situation and printed him a copy. By the time I was done with that, the EMT was finishing up work on the friend that got ejected. It was probably one of my more favorite roleplay scenes I've been part of.

With 2.0 having a heavier emphasis on roleplay, I would hope that EMT's and officers alike see the value is fulling playing out situations like this.

+1

• Like 1

16 hours ago, luna said:

i would love to see certain emergency scenes be more of an "inconvenience" for lack of a better term. 

-PD would cordon off the area (maybe with use of placeable barriers?) and after the patient is up,

-The vehicle which the victim was driving should get towed

These are the points I agree with the most. I am being a bit of a hypocrit since I love to have the freedom to crash, do stupid jumps, etc, but I would love for it to be an inconvenience; especially during cop chases, and this would go both ways.

It will reward drivers that are either skilled with some luck because of locals, or reward people going slow and safe. If you decide to blast off from 2/6 with police after you going 160 mp/h and crash, you would get busted, or if police are bad drivers and hit a local during a pursuit, the cop is out of the chase.

Realistically, the cop would always win if there are equally skilled drivers in the pursuit, considering a cop chase usually contains of 2-3+ cop vehicles.

10/10 would love for this to be a thing. Or at least for badlands 2.0!

This can be and already is a thing for some people and in the current framework there is nothing keeping these things from happening but the people themselves. There is currently nothing in the framework keeping PD members from calling EMS every time deploy their tasers on a suspect to come and remove the prongs and do an medical exam before transporting. There is nothing in the framework keeping civilians that see vehicle accidents from calling PD and EMS and getting them down on the scene to deal with traffic, get patient out of vehicle, general first responder things, etc. All of these plus tons more scenarios cans be done currently between the departments and can be quite a fun experience for everyone involved. Getting more people involved in these types of scenarios is always a good way to have some wholesome nonviolent RP with others.

That being said I do think that 2.0 will foster a better environment with more like minding individuals that want to have more of these "everyday" scenarios.

Edited by r3v0Lt55
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

This can be and already is a thing for some people and in the current framework there is nothing keeping these things from happening but the people themselves. There is currently nothing in the framework keeping PD members from calling EMS every time deploy their tasers on a suspect to come and remove the prongs and do an medical exam before transporting. There is nothing in the framework keeping civilians that see vehicle accidents from calling PD and EMS and getting them down on the scene to deal with traffic, get patient out of vehicle, general first responder things, etc. All of these plus tons more scenarios cans be done currently between the departments and can be quite a fun experience for everyone involved. Getting more people involved in these types of scenarios is always a good way to have some wholesome nonviolent RP with others.

That being said I do think that 2.0 will foster a better environment with more like minding individuals that want to have more of these "everyday" scenarios.

You keep saying it can be done, but I don't think anyone is saying it can't be done. I would personally see it have to be done, making it not an option for it to be done or not, so everyone has to be careful, and not just for the RP.

1 hour ago, Chan Wong said:

You keep saying it can be done, but I don't think anyone is saying it can't be done. I would personally see it have to be done, making it not an option for it to be done or not, so everyone has to be careful, and not just for the RP.

Why would you force someone into an RP scenario that they aren't ready for, uncomfortable with, or simply just don't want to engage in.  Interactions aren't scripted so that everyone has the freedom to do as they please within the rules.  You can always offer to do this at any scene you arrive at, either as PD or EMS, but you simply cannot force participation.  It will not be good for anyone, the effort just wouldn't be there.

44 minutes ago, tRaShCaN05 said:

Why would you force someone into an RP scenario that they aren't ready for, uncomfortable with, or simply just don't want to engage in.  Interactions aren't scripted so that everyone has the freedom to do as they please within the rules.

I might have misunderstood what you were saying to Chan, but my initial post was to suggest this become a standard procedure by LSFD and LSPD in 2.0, currently these are not expected procedures and I understand why. But the victim of the car crash in the scenario shouldn't be uncomfortable with these procedures I suggested taking place, and it would not matter if they don't want to engage with LSPD or LSFD but they still have to do their job.

Yes this RP can still be done currently in BL, but what I was getting at is, it's not an expected standard/procedure.

If I did misunderstand please correct me ?

I could have misinterpreted what I was reading, too, so I went back to re-read it a bit more carefully.  I don't in any way disagree with wanting to see stuff like this happen, and we don't need to wait for 2.0.  There just needs to be an effort to start promoting the more in-depth RP scenarios, and that starts with the first person responding to the scene

• Like 2

I agree completely on this. I think that the problem is that in the status quo people seem to see their jobs like objectives and not opportunities. I have had people tell me how they would call EMS in an incident similar to what you are suggesting luna and the EMT feel like it was a waste of their time since it wasn't actually someone downed. Now I'm not saying that every EMT is like this in fact many aren't but there is a reason as to why a lot of EMT's feel this way. The problem is that whenever someone is downed or has a friend who is downed they call and EMS and if the EMT's don't get there in time they get pissed off. I know re-spawning isn't fun but it is part of the game. I think that in order for this to be successful in the status quo civilians need to be less focused on always getting revived right away and being more focused on actually role-playing with the LSFD when given the change. Just my thoughts on the topic.

• Like 1