Trucker radio channel on discord

Merr Khan

• 4 months later...

I feel Tow Truck drivers should have their own radio channel that when clocked in, should be on as to coordinate calls and even have police or ems join that channel if they do need to speak with tow operators. Also, i kind of feel tow truck drivers should/could have their own faction similar to police/ems and maybe even have their own set of sop's or what not. however i dont want it to be a whitelisted job, unless it is getting abused by people too much. i mean i know it's new so lets see what happens. if you need someone to take lead of that faction if it ever becomes one, id be more than happy to fill that role.

• Like 4

Having a designated channel would be cool, having a faction, i dont really see it going anywhere. The SOP's would be extremely short, and would just be common sense in my opinion.  They do one specific job, and its kinda hard to mess that up. I doubt they'll be able to do anything terrible that would disrupt the server, but if they do, it will most likely lead to a ban. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I agree with: Truck Radio S1 , Truck Radio S2, Taxi Radio S1, Taxi Radio S2,  Road service (mechanics and tow) S1, Road service (mechanics and tow) S2.  S from server or C from city. Mainly so people can tell and understand why there are two.

The reason I see for them is because even the jobs aren't white listed, doesn't mean  that they need to be done as freelance. Truck drivers even if they work for different companies use radio to give heads up about road conditions and more. Taxi can use it to coordinate and the same goes for Road service.   None needs to be obligated to join the channel but sure would help out and encourage more RP and interactions.

Tip for when using a radio channel of the suggested kind: unless it's just 2 in the channel or so, keep the banter low, since the other people in the channel might be in a area with people around. But in a situation that it's just 3 truckers and both are 'solo' on the road, sure using the radio for chit-chat ICly, it's a great way to RP and build up the characters further and make connections.

12 hours ago, George Cahill said:

Okay, why would truckers need radio communication? Also make friends with them then you are more than free to make your own discord server evolving around Badlands for those truckers.

I don't agree with this. Lately there are way too many earpieces in town and RP is going away from the city voice into talks into the ear pieces, even with people around that are not in it. Makes no sense to have so many people around 'talking in their heads' as it's happening.  Many of us sure belong to many discords but my advice is try to use them less and focus more on interacting trough the city and official channels.

• 4 weeks later...

I would love this idea.  I was on the server for several hours last night as a tow truck driver.  When you have 2-3 tows around, and the calls come in, it is very hard to coordinate in-game with who has what call.   Aside from texting the other drivers, which is what I was doing, I would love to see some sort of "dispatch" type system setup for tows.  That way you know what tow is heading to what call, it could be a lot less confusing that way.  

like many people suggested, you can just hop into one of the public voice channels, maybe update your discord nickname with a "TOW" tag and there you go. Or you can create a Tow Club on the forum, maybe even make a dedicated discord server for it and share the invite with the club

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...