Admin Event change

Kota

Thanks for saying it kota.

This is why I stopped planning large events. was fun at first, but became an ooc chat room way too fast. 

As soon as a player is tp'd or revived by an admin the immersion, and any effort toward RP is gone by all players involved. 

And this goes against every rule 2.0 stands for. 

Not to mention you have up to X amount of cops and ems with nothing to do because the events are so ooc they aren't even allowed to participate. 

100% agree that these should be on an event server. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Storrent said:

Non-RP events on a roleplay server ?
Please separate them, I don't want to play taser tag, Serena, I want to interact with other people

So don't go...? It's not required. However, ~40 people do want to.

I understand your guys' points, so in 2.0 as mentioned by speed this is going to change to better accommodate RP. 

The purpose of admin events right now are for something a little different, a break away from the grind, a break from seriousness. Sometimes we try to make it more RP-based, but the volume of players that show up really push us to have to handle everyone in more admin perspective. People have gotten banned, removed, kicked, because they're not behaving properly. It's just the nature of the beast, no matter how much we want to RP it out.

I've never seen you guys attend these events, so it's ironic to read that you "love" them while never having participated, and to be so targeted/called out for doing something that's just to bring fun to people... It just makes me personally not want to host events anymore.

?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Serena said:

I understand your guys' points, so in 2.0 as mentioned by speed this is going to change to better accommodate RP. 

The purpose of admin events right now are for something a little different, a break away from the grind, a break from seriousness. Sometimes we try to make it more RP-based, but the volume of players that show up really push us to have to handle everyone in more admin perspective. People have gotten banned, removed, kicked, because they're not behaving properly. It's just the nature of the beast, no matter how much we want to RP it out.

I've never seen you guys attend these events, so it's ironic to read that you "love" them while never having participated, and to be so targeted/called out for doing something that's just to bring fun to people... It just makes me personally not want to host events anymore.

?

Loving the events doesn't mean you have to attend them. Having a staff team that is interactive with the community is amazing which is why I love that you host events and what-not. However I have never attended one I still love that they happen. However I do agree with the rest with they are saying and happy to hear that it was already planned.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ozzie Ozbourne said:

Loving the events doesn't mean you have to attend them. Having a staff team that is interactive with the community is amazing which is why I love that you host events and what-not. However I have never attended one I still love that they happen. However I do agree with the rest with they are saying and happy to hear that it was already planned.

Oz says it best. @Serena I haven't attended any of your events, However personally I more than most know how much time and effort goes into those events and I am happy you put those on for the community. So let me say thank you for all the effort you put in. People shouldn't be targeting you for doing something good and fun for everyone. My post was more just to keep 2.0 more RP based and consistent. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Serena said:

?

I've been to every event that has happened while I have been online. It's not that many in total but it's 3 tazer tag events and a pirate event.

I like them, but I understand the frustration of people wanting to only RP and immerse themselves. Not only does it pop up on screen that an event is going on, but the OOC chat gets spammed with either "TP ME" or chat related to the event. I know chat can be muted, but also as Kota said, it becomes a ghost town.

Don't get me wrong, I love the events, but I fight for both sides.