ID Card & Police

Serena

I think there should be some way to change our ID information, maybe just our name, specifically just because of wanting to play other characters in RP. 

SO MANY TIMES I am playing a different character that I make a name up for and if I get caught doing something illegal, or the cops feel they need to check my ID, they then say "Oh, looks like we have a Serena Jones". I'm completely different, not me, even have used some of the custom avatars to play out a role, and because of the current system, I'm still being called "Serena Jones". It ruins RP for me and it's a battle I hate having to argue when it comes to cops.

• Like 1

That is a pretty big thing I don't like. The $100 is easy no problem, but the changing of my # is very hard. It was a big deal when I changed from Tsukino to Jones and I don't think it's enticing to RP as other characters by having to have a constantly changing phone number. No one will ever be able to keep in touch with me and no one will know who they're actually talking to =\

19 minutes ago, Serena said:

That is a pretty big thing I don't like. The $100 is easy no problem, but the changing of my # is very hard. It was a big deal when I changed from Tsukino to Jones and I don't think it's enticing to RP as other characters by having to have a constantly changing phone number. No one will ever be able to keep in touch with me and no one will know who they're actually talking to =\

There's no easy way to store phone numbers to names without basically adding character slots. It's an unfortunately necessary evil.

I think the suggestion,  Stacks, is reasonable.  The challenge for officers is when people are doing that to try to avoid prior charges that they are wanted for.  Ultimately it's up to the processing officer if they 'play along' or not.  If it's not a case of the person being wanted I'd like to encourage that officers try to RP it out as they are using a different name than their actual ID shows... there is no harm in doing that and it can enrich the RP experience.

Since changing your name also changes your phone number and deletes your contacts, perhaps you could keep a little booklet IRL as a contact list instead? I write down all of the phone numbers people give me in a little notebook just in case my in-game contact lists glitches. And if you do happen to change your name/number to go along with a roleplay scenario, you could always send a message out to people on your contacts list notifying them of your new number, or when you text you can add your name to the end much like a signature in forums/emails? I know it's not the best option, but it is an option!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fwalandra said:

Since changing your name also changes your phone number and deletes your contacts, perhaps you could keep a little booklet IRL as a contact list instead? I write down all of the phone numbers people give me in a little notebook just in case my in-game contact lists glitches. And if you do happen to change your name/number to go along with a roleplay scenario, you could always send a message out to people on your contacts list notifying them of your new number, or when you text you can add your name to the end much like a signature in forums/emails? I know it's not the best option, but it is an option!

It didn't delete my contacts when I changed from Tsukino to Jones, it just changed my number and people were like "who the fk is this?".

5 hours ago, Drop said:

and to add, my apologies for not RPing it properly with you when processing you Ms Kitty. Was the first time I ended up in a situation like that. 

Hey, no worries. You are not the first and definitely not the last person I've had this happen with, lol. I appreciate the response though. Like Tiller said, I'm just trying to have a more in-depth RP when I play as a specific character or someone that is not Serena Jones. If I didn't lose my number every time I changed my name, I'd change my name every time. Personally, I wish I could show off the character names I come up with more, because I think they're pretty creative. Doll-E, Petal Moonbeam...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Serena said:

It didn't delete my contacts when I changed from Tsukino to Jones, it just changed my number and people were like "who the fk is this?".

Alright, well... you could still do as suggested and perhaps it could help. If not, then I guess we're stuck waiting until we do have multiple character slots.

I have frequently run into instances where players say they don't have their ID or claim to be someone other than what's on their ID card. In these cases I don't even bother to check it and just go by what they tell me. If they're being charged with something, it's the same punishment so it ultimately doesn't matter from a technical standpoint.