I'm scared of applying to a government job

im scared of applying to a government job, im scared that the resultes will come negative and ill have to wait a month, but what i mostly scared of is people making fun of me :(, im at the age of 13 and ive been enjoying the city over 2 and a half weeks now. people never brought up my age or that im young and thats pretty nice and mostly because of rp...

but lately im scared of people making fun of my age and maybe even bullying me, im really scared that ill stay lonely and that people will not talk to me,im actually really scared to even post this post right now.

tell me what to do??(im talking about applying to ems)

• Like 1

Hi there Topfun. Welcome to the community. 

The one thing about having a "whitelisted job" in the city is understanding that you are now in a position of setting examples to new players. You need to have the confidence in what you're doing to make others feel comfortable in you directing them. EMS is a suggestion to those interested in having a whitelisted role, with PD coming later. Both jobs, however, you will really need to be able to stand your ground and not be wavered by people harassing you. We get harassed for just doing our jobs by the people just passing through the city, with no intention of staying. You might be called names, you will be ridiculed. You can't let it get to you. If you are nervous now, you might not be very happy with what comes after getting the job. 

I think you should get a feel for the city first, make some friends, gain a reputation that doesn't define you as being young, and see how you feel afterwards. We need to boost that confidence of yours :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Age does not determine an individuals maturity. Don't be afraid to apply. I really hope you give it a shot! Don't let those whom bully or harass (Which is against the rules) to prevent you from having a good time. This is a video game at the end of the day. Being nervous is very normal. I'm 29 and I was nervous for different reasons. You won't know, unless you try. 

Effort is everything. Don't put a care towards what others think. 

Good luck and I hope you apply. 

• Like 2

^^^ what everyone else has said.

Harassment and bullying are against the rules, so if you experience this, don't hesitate to put in a player report. Even if you don't have evidence, it doesn't mean action won't be taken. It will put that person or persons on the admins' radar.

I don't really know what to say that everyone else hasn't already said, just do what you like and have fun man. The internet is full of toxic people and unfortunately Badlands is no exception and sees its share. But they typically don't stick around for long, and the ones that try ultimately get themselves banned. So don't sweat it. There's a good core community here and everyone appreciates those who put the effort into RP, rather than treat this like just another playground session from GTA Online.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

One thing to know about gaming, people are toxic, don't listen to what anybody has to say, don't judge anything on what anybody has to say, they're all opinions, everyone has their own opinion. It's just a game brotha. Play to have fun not to listen to what anybody has to say to you negatively.

Edited by Mobpii

@Topfun I'm glad you have been enjoying yourself in our community. You have to understand, as much realism there would be in our community, we are still playing a game, of Grand Theft Auto V. Don't get frustrated for people being mean to you. Always remember, the server rules are here to protect you against those. If you feel anyone has crossed the line or you feel harassed, the staff is here to help you. 

I've had some encounters where people would make fun of me while wearing a police uniform because I may speak with a higher pitch voice than @Merr Khan. That's when you gotta grow some tough skin and send them to suck a fat one.

Good luck pal.

• 2 weeks later...