Take Mask off

Gator485

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 4:49 PM, Chase McCane (Fludiddy) said:

and /unmask for PD for face mask/helmet removal.  Pretty please.

Not sure how I feel about that one. While I get that realistically, you could pull a mask or helmet off, if someone is trying to hide their true identity to the point where they wont even show you their ID (i.e. ''I dont have my ID on me'') , then I think cops should let them have their RP. If cops have already caught them, what does it matter to you that you know that its Sheev Thornberry by either ID or facial recognition? Charge them with failure to identify and keep the mask on. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ValkyrieBlu said:

Not sure how I feel about that one. While I get that realistically, you could pull a mask or helmet off, if someone is trying to hide their true identity to the point where they wont even show you their ID (i.e. ''I dont have my ID on me'') , then I think cops should let them have their RP. If cops have already caught them, what does it matter to you that you know that its Sheev Thornberry by either ID or facial recognition? Charge them with failure to identify and keep the mask on. 

That's not how mystery incorporated work... I want to have me unmask whilst a camera crew record. Thanks for ruining my hopes and dreams- oh and child hood memories... ?

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, I waited 5 months to post again about this due to what I am hearing in game. I don't know who isn't agreeing with the "Taking off the mask" option (this request wasn't meant to be only PD side in the first place, even though it was a good suggestion on top of mine for PD to have that option now that we have character slots). I have had multiple people say the same thing to me and have over heard many people say, "You can take your hat/helmet/glasses off, but can't take mask off?..Would be cool if they added that as well, just makes sense." This is a wanted option for sure and would be cool if you guys could come to an agreement! Thanks for all you do.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Personally I'm against this 100%. If you wanna do bad things then do bad things. If you wanna do good things then do good things. But the ability to go from masked to unmasked at the flip of a switch is going to be terribly abused by people. Now if you want to add a feature to be able to unmask others (as both PD and Civ) maybe with disablement kit or something like that. This could lead to some very high quality Luchador RP. NACHO LIBRE!!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

All due respect to people that are against it. Let me put in some RP light into your brains. Being able to take off the mask is not just for the criminals, I do believe I said this before, but it is amazing how Badlands is criminal and cop minded, and not even thinking about the average civilian (The ones that are doing good and doing right). What about bikers/civ's that want to wear the mask for their bike ridding, but don't want to wear it when they are just talking to people in the club or any place for that matter, What about civ's that want to wear it as a fashion or to wear funny mask to a party, but don't want to be wearing it all the time. Just because someone is wearing a full mask or a bandana mask does not mean they are a criminal or up to bad things. I have pulled out my bike with my mask with other people to just RP many times as a biker and go to events and wished we could take it off because it looks silly. People like to wear it when they ride their motorcycles, because believe it or not they RP bugs hitting their face sometimes which is kind of funny when it catches you off guard. I don't know how this would be abused when in RL you can take off your mask when you wear one. Many people want this to happen.j

I forgot to add (Thanks Kota): I don't know how it would be "OP" against the cops. The cops have other game mechanics to go by against criminals other than a mask. Examples: They can see and run the car/plate they are driving. The voice of the criminal, the clothes they are wearing at the time (Even though they can just change their clothes after they get away) and so on. If criminals are caught, I agree officers should have the option to take the mask off to see who it is even though you would get their ID from them anyway.

Here is my solution: Put in some kind of voting system here to see if people want it or not. If it's yes, then I think it should be put in, if no then we leave it at that and we can put this one to rest. Hope this put different thinking on mask wearing for people and it's not just for criminals or doing bad things. Happy Rp'ing!

Edited by Gator485
  • Like 2

Well if people want to use masks for crime you better suggest a way to make it fair for PD too. As it's pretty damn op in favor of the criminals. 

Gator has a point though. Not everyone wants to use a mask to be criminals. But sadly it seems this is just another case like why we don't get better more powerful weapons fewer people can be trusted to use it right vs those that would abuse and that's why I think it won't happen sadly. 

Edited by Kota Taylor

Possibly a compromise to the "balance". Give PD the option to remove masks, helemets off others, however limit it to within the cells of stations (if possible). From my perspective that makes more sense as depending on the situation, you wouldn't as an officer have the right to remove someone's mask on the street necessarily. 

This could be somewhat a balance giving criminals the chance to use masks to their benefit until caught and brought to a cell.

I find it odd at times talking to a suspect in the cells with a giant pig mask or helmet on. 

Just my 2 cents

I don't see the big deal, it does not feel OP to me. People can look alike in the face just because of limitations in personal choices when making your character. I do not identify people by their face at this point, it's more along the lines of their hairstyle, hair color, ethnicity, clothing, voice, tats. I don't agree that it'd be OP, and until it's actually an issue while in practice, I personally think it'd be fine. I believe the reason it hasn't been added is due to the mechanics of how the mask is put on/taken off.

Edited by Serena
  • Like 2

If they wanted to add the mask on and off I am sure it would have been done with the hats and glasses update... as they work very similar, I am assuming it wasn't added due to a concern about how we as a server would go about being able to commit a crime and then the salt relating to someone being identified even though they had a mask on. Not the mechanics of it.

4 hours ago, Kota Taylor said:

If they wanted to add the mask on and off I am sure it would have been done with the hats and glasses update... as they work very similar, I am assuming it wasn't added due to a concern about how we as a server would go about being able to commit a crime and then the salt relating to someone being identified even though they had a mask on. Not the mechanics of it.

I can confirm it's due to the mechanics.

• Like 2