Behind the RP

Lydia Jax

I’ve been on badlands for over 6 months and I’ve gotten to meet some wonderful RP characters but I would like to get the know the people behind the RP. So if you would like to participate and list some characteristics you have or goals or goals you’ve accomplished or hobbies or interests.It’d be fun to see how a like and different we all.

• Like 7

In life in all honesty, I would love to be someone that helps people both mentally and physically. I love to help people through hard times as it's something that i'm passionate about! I personally love when someone smiles after a long time of sadness, this is something I genuinely love to do even now. I've offered people talks who need it and I won't shy from anyone when it comes to problems/sadness as it's something I love to help people with.

• Like 3

I build things. I’m always looking for something I can do to help someone’s quality of life be just a little bit better, whether it’s a community for people to have fun together (badlands), a free service that improves on an existing idea (iCap), a business that provides better experiences for the customer, or something that people just find really cool.

I’m always working on something. I have been for the last ~10 years, with mild success. Im hoping one day I’ll create something big enough that I can work on it full time, and hopefully bring a few people on with me.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, speed said:

I build things. I’m always looking for something I can do to help someone’s quality of life be just a little bit better, whether it’s a community for people to have fun together (badlands), a free service that improves on an existing idea (iCap), a business that provides better experiences for the customer, or something that people just find really cool.

I’m always working on something. I have been for the last ~10 years, with mild success. Im hoping one day I’ll create something big enough that I can work on it full time, and hopefully bring a few people on with me.

Glad to see you doing the stuff you love at this current time, aswell @DTheOneD I would love to hear you sing someday :D

• Like 2

Raising a family of a 2 girls, 5 and 4. A very soon to be fiance, actually proposing this weekend, yikes. The persona of Sully isn't too far from me, minus the body features.  I'm a Project Manager for a Loss Prevention National Vendor. Essentially, I handle large chains, get their security equipment installed, hire the grunts, order the product, ensure everything runs smoothly. My goal is to one day is to actually work for one of those said chains so I could travel from city to city, state to state working on the same thing, just from the customer standpoint instead requesting the equipment. I absolutely love video games and what worlds, or universe's they can bring to us. Love myself a good story. I'm all over the place here, but I guess the only thing I got left is that I love music, and love to sing. Which I'm horrible at. lol. That's all I got. 

• Like 1

I'm still in high school (Junior Year), so I don't have much to note about my life thus far. I'm in marching band, playing the Euphonium/Baritone, and I spend my free time wasting my life away on this server. 

Also, the accent is fake. No, you can't hear me without it ;)

• Like 2

Well, I have an amazing 9 year old son.  I love spending time with him and playing Fornite together.  It's great to hear him nerd out of video games like I did when I was his age (and still do honestly).  When I'm not busting criminals or saving lives in Badlands, I'm a Table Games Supervisor aka Pit Boss for the past 15 years.  I love what I do and it's a really good job.

I'm a police fanatic.  I always wanted to be a cop growing up but unfortunately life circumstances never allowed that to happen.  I'm pretty new to the whole RP thing.  I was drawn in by watching The Family RP streams. 

I'm a huge Kansas City Royals fan and love Kansas City in general.  Other than that, it's pretty much: work, BLRP, and baseball!

• Like 3

I am a stickler for the rules irl, not at all like my in game character. In fact, I've never even had a speeding ticket my whole life! I genuinely like to help people and I have a big heart (huge soft spot for babies and elderly). I am social and like to be around people. I hate conflict and avoid it at all costs. I'm a hard worker, people always comment on my work ethic and say they've never met someone who works as hard as I do, but it also gives me a lot of stress because I'm a work perfectionist. And I love the people I've met here. :)

• Like 3

Shit... Well I'm BIG on computers I built mine and just about anyway you can get me to a PC I'm interested in. I'm currently getting my GED and as much as I'd love to have gotten my actual High School Diploma fucked up life situations didn't allow me to. I grew up and still live in a really rough area. So be warned if you try to hold my character up and I say "Fuck you!" and start swinging that's not just my character that's me as well. I am very interested in history, the future, PCs like I said, law enforcement, and cooking. I still can't decide which of those I want to be my career path. Umm I'm tall and big and sorta resemble a linebacker I'm 6'4" and back when I was thinner I was a lot better at basketball than I am now. I know there's a thread about this already but my favorite shows are The Walking Dead, Impractical Jokers, and anything police related. My favorite artist is Logic but I'll listen to anything I find appealing. And my favorite movie ever is Django Unchained. I went on way too long already but other than that I obviously love games, I started back on GTA Vice City was the first thing I ever played, then it was CoD and I was good, after that it was CS:GO where I played VERY semi-pro and was really good (I suck now... LIKE BAD NOW), and now it's just FiveM, Fortnite, PUBG, and anything else I enjoy with friends. I could add more but this is way too long already so I'll stop. Oh I talk a lot so that explains this ^

Also my nickname monk IS NOT about Buddhist Monks it stemmed from my childhood nickname monkey which I got from climbing up and down things all the time. As I got older I just shortened it to monk because a teen and now adult does not want to be called monkey let's face it.

Yea if you see me around the city say hey. Also if you ever see me playing something you do DM me I don't always bite.

Edited by monk
i'm dumb and forgot something
  • Like 2

I'm an ass with a high IQ, like an Elon Musk but without the big break-trough. I love to travel, drive, ride a motorbike, fix stuff and learn all the things, my brain is a sponge. No space for social niceties. Also a huge fan of iCap, i had no idea it was your child @speed!

Edited by Anton
  • Like 3

Well for me my characters(I have played many lol) Are something that is far from what I'm really like irl.

I pretty much borderline from suicide just about everyday, I'm pretty depressed a lot most days I would rather just sleep or lay in bed vs doing anything else. The things that keep me going are my cats, I love them to bits. I tend to go riding on my motorcycle to think and stuff, lastly gaming and streaming from time to time (again depends how hard the depression hits me for that day I may not stream.)

I have a dislike of people irl, I could careless about anything that people really have going for them. I will only communicate with people that share the same interests that I have and I just talk about the subject vs getting to know the person. Like I said the only thing that keeps me grounded are my cats they help me get through days that are bad and good. 

When I'm in the game though I am taking on a role and what my character does and acts is me giving life to something else other than myself cause in all honesty I care less about my life than I do about my characters.

So there ya have it. A barely mentally stable person that rps and is 100% different in game vs outside of the game.