Mechanics clocked in but not available

Tomas García

The new way if fixing cars has ups and downs. It sure it's great to generate more RP, and in a way makes sense for economy and driving with more care. This post is not about if people like it or not, if people want to argue on that please open another post.

This post is about fairness when many mechanics are on but none seem to be 'awake' or doing their job. Cops and EMS have to reply to their calls, why wouldn't mechanics be the same? Or even a way to know which garage has a mechanic on it. They could even be markers on the map for everyone, like EMS and Cops are for their own groups. The other idea could be an auto clock out if mechanic don't take calls for assistance, adding them as another service in the city. Other ideas are welcome.

Why do I say all of this? Because even I found great RP with some people working as mechanic, I been online at other times where people clock in and forget, or go afk. Ending up having to stand there looking at the AFK mechanic, or go fix it myself for a nice 1500$ or more. Same way some people will always do a good work without supervision, others will always screw up or do it for themselves and friends. So I think some way of controlling it should be implemented since it's a profession that affects global economy in the city.

Edited by Tomas García
  • Like 2

They're agreeing to do their job on duty once they purchase their license. Measures have already been put in place by the dev team to prevent doing other jobs while signed on. When in doubt, try your best to find the offending slackers and put in a player report, and the staff team will handle it from there.

1 minute ago, Storrent said:

They're agreeing to do their job on duty once they purchase their license. Measures have already been put in place by the dev team to prevent doing other jobs while signed on. When in doubt, try your best to find the offending slackers and put in a player report, and the staff team will handle it from there.

Thanks for the quick reply. Had no clue, but I'm glad to hear that there is a system in place to fix it. But the question is. Wouldn't it be good to just report the time, instead of having to look around the whole state for slackers? I mean if the system logs who is on duty at a certain time, that should be enough, right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomas García said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Had no clue, but I'm glad to hear that there is a system in place to fix it. But the question is. Wouldn't it be good to just report the time, instead of having to look around the whole state for slackers? I mean if the system logs who is on duty at a certain time, that should be enough, right?

Probably. I don't know what data they log, but I'm sure this is inclusive of it. Give them whatever information you can and they'll do their job

1 hour ago, xDawGx said:

I myself have seen quite a few people running around in personal cars fixing them on their own I think this part needs to be looked into.. I run a shop on S1 with mechanics sure there are times when someone needs to go in their head for a few but we always have someone active to fix them...

Again, if you see these types of people you can put in a player report on them and it will be looked into. But just remember, people may go to the shops and not care about the price and just do it themselves.

@Bret Prozekt [2475] Or anyone with official info. What's the idea about the cost. Because I also see crazy things. From some that RPlay it only and don't care about the money to someone that just made pay 3000$, 3grand for fixing 3 cars in a row. Not even tow. And the reason IC was that it would cost me more since he and his buddy were clocked in. I simply don't think that's the target of that job, or everyone will clock in and ask for 10K a fix.

1 hour ago, Tomas García said:

@Bret Prozekt [2475] Or anyone with official info. What's the idea about the cost. Because I also see crazy things. From some that RPlay it only and don't care about the money to someone that just made pay 3000$, 3grand for fixing 3 cars in a row. Not even tow. And the reason IC was that it would cost me more since he and his buddy were clocked in. I simply don't think that's the target of that job, or everyone will clock in and ask for 10K a fix.

Everyone that I see. Leroy's and Durdens and such. Ask for very reasonable prices for fixes.

Base rate is 500$. Add $ for every single tow truck on duty. The raised price I believe is to encourage you to RP and find mechanics.
Which we all know can be difficult at some times.

I guess I didn't explain it properly. I'm up for the new way fixing cars work in game. But I think it still needs tweaking.  I know some mechanics are doing a great job and it's generating RP. Here I'm just pointing out the things that need to, in my eyes, need to be addressed.

1 - When repair cost 4000, that's 3 mechanics on duty if I'm not wrong. But if at that time you call for a tow or tweet for mechanic and get no reply you are stuck:

a) pay 4K in any garage with no mechanics,

b) drive around with a car that keeps breaking and forces you to expend more kits till you find a mechanic that's at a shop and not afk.

c) go to a garage and swap cars.

2 - Prices. I think it should be a fixed rate when a mechanic is doing the RP, and if people want to tip extra is great.
Why? 1,000$ like I got today, doesn't sound fair and instead of bringing RP will make people go to their friends only when they go in mechanic to get their cars fixed or even wait for mechanics to be off duty to fix any broken cars at just 500$ each.

Highlight in Twitch of my visit to a mechanic today

There you go the example of the pricing I got today. I saved the cars because at the moment I broke them there were no one doing towing, was away from town and probably the only garage with mechanics was in town. So saving the cars for RP, not worth it economy wise.  Tomas usually pays 500 whenever the price is lower than 500, if the price is 500 I pay but frown upon people making cash out of something that cost nothing to them. But today 3K for 3 quick fixes in a row was a bit expensive and will lead, at least to me, to avoid mechanics and just do it when the server has no one clocked in. Or even worst. Go to the mechanic only when a friend is doing the job.

Like I said, I have seen good RPs and excellent mechanics. Just don't want this new job to be ruining by people abusing the dynamics to get wealthy.

Edited by Tomas García

Replies about Tow trucks please go to

So all the topic is centralized in one post and not divided on different sections on the forums, thanks.
@Serpico @speed @TiLLeR  please just lock this post, so things get centralized in the other. And sorry, didn't know who to tag since I lost track of who is handling the forums nowadays! Thanks for the help.

• speed locked this topic