Vehicle Handling Thread

Osk

Since we implemented a new handling file for ALL vehicles I thought I would start a thread where you guys can let me know directly what issues or concerns you have about any vehicles in game so I can look into them. Because the new handling file covers upwards of 300+ vehicles I was not able to test each one individually (believe it or not I have a life). So the purpose of this thread is for you guys to let me know if there's any major issues with a vehicle's handling such as spinning out of control too easily, sliding way too much in the rain, a motorcycle not turning at all, a vehicle being way too slow or way too fast. This thread is not for people to come in and tell me they want their piece of shit Panto to go 200+ mph so please don't do that. Either follow the format below or give me a detailed description of the issues. Thanks!

Example:

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Benefactor Schafter
Any mods? If so list them here: Turbo, level 4 engine tuning, racing brakes, etc
How is the vehicle's damage?: It never takes any damage.
How does the vehicle handle?: Slides way too much at speeds as low as 30 mph.

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: It slides even more in the rain.
Are the speeds too high, too low, or perfect?:
Speeds are perfect. 
Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: N/A

Edited by Osk
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Oasis said:

Make and Model: All cars

Mods: Turbo Level 4 engine tuning and racing brakes.

Damage: Damage is fine.

Handling: The handling is WAAY to terrible IMO. I feel like I am sliding all over the place whether going 10 or 200 MPH.

Weather: I haven't tested it in the weather.

Speeds: Perfect!

Other: The brakes are just a little bit too bad. I feel like if I am going 70 (Highway speed limit) and I try to brake (Like IRL if you miss your exit on the highway) then it takes ages for the vehicle to completely stop. IRL the vehicle would take a bit but if you are slamming on the break then it won't take an entire mile until your vehicle gets to a complete stop.

This is exactly the opposite of what this thread is meant to achieve. We are looking for VEHICLE SPECIFIC feedback. So unless you went through and tested every GTA V vehicle you should take the time to make a specific post for each car you don't like so we can evaluate and address any serious problems.

• Like 1

Make and Model: All cars

Mods: Turbo Level 4 engine tuning and racing brakes.

Damage: Damage is fine.

Handling: The handling is WAAY to terrible IMO. I feel like I am sliding all over the place whether going 10 or 200 MPH.

Weather: I haven't tested it in the weather.

Speeds: Perfect!

Other: The brakes are just a little bit too bad. I feel like if I am going 70 (Highway speed limit) and I try to brake (Like IRL if you miss your exit on the highway) then it takes ages for the vehicle to completely stop. IRL the vehicle would take a bit but if you are slamming on the break then it won't take an entire mile until your vehicle gets to a complete stop.

incredulous.gif

Edited by Osk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Karin Kuruma
Any mods? If so list them here: Turbo, level 4 engine tuning, racing brakes, racing transmission, standard suspension
How is the vehicle's damage?: Damage seems to be fine.
How does the vehicle handle?: Supposed to be an all-wheel drive, handles like a jet ski at low speeds.

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: It slides even more in the rain.
Speeds are perfect. Acceleration seems slow. 
Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: Has significantly less traction than it supposed to have, specially on off-road terrain.

(The Kuruma has a modeled twin-cam straight six engine, placed longitudinally in a front engine, all wheel drive layout (a rather unique distribution of 1/3 of the engine power to the front wheels and the rest to the rear wheels). According to Southern San Andreas Super Autos, the car has a 6-speed gearbox, a top speed of 147mph and weights 2,866lbs. The Kuruma features a turbo dump-valve sound effect by default, although the player can add another turbo for a significantly higher acceleration.

Due to the lightweight chassis and top-heaviness on the car, The Kuruma has a tendency to lift onto two wheels and even flip during sharp, high speed turns, or roll the car. It is slightly bested by the Sultan in terms of top speed. However, in terms of grip, the Sultan stands a heavy ground when attacking corners at high speed. The Kuruma tends to slide attempting to attack corners at similar speeds. Off-road, the Kuruma is one of the fastest cars in the game, with its high traction allowing for high speeds on off-road terrain which allows it to keep up to even some Super cars.

The Kuruma does not deform easily when crashed, as it can only be scratched or lose body parts (it still has bodywork deformation, albeit to a lesser extend). The same is true with the Panto and Coquette Classic.) - http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Kuruma

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Blazer(the quadbike
Any mods? If so list them here: No, as a am unable to mod it
How is the vehicle's damage?: Acts normal
How does the vehicle handle?: Not too bad I guess

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: In the way you would expect
Fine
Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: You can't customize the quad and it runs out of gas extremely fast(it goes from a half tank to zero in 1-2 minutes of driving).

Sorry if this doesn't belong here

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Bati 801
Any mods? If so list them here: Everthing is upgraded
How is the vehicle's damage?: It seems as expected
How does the vehicle handle?: Taking corners can be deadly it drifts farther than expected I understand you cant take a corner at high speeds and expect it to just do it but you really have to slow down for corners

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: It slides even more in the rain some is expected cause the surface is wet
Speeds are perfect. 
Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: N/A

• Like 1

• speed pinned this topic
On 8/28/2017 at 10:28 PM, Muroko said:

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Karin Kuruma
Any mods? If so list them here: Turbo, level 4 engine tuning, racing brakes, racing transmission, standard suspension
How is the vehicle's damage?: Damage seems to be fine.
How does the vehicle handle?: Supposed to be an all-wheel drive, handles like a jet ski at low speeds.

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: It slides even more in the rain.
Speeds are perfect. Acceleration seems slow. 
Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: Has significantly less traction than it supposed to have, specially on off-road terrain.

(The Kuruma has a modeled twin-cam straight six engine, placed longitudinally in a front engine, all wheel drive layout (a rather unique distribution of 1/3 of the engine power to the front wheels and the rest to the rear wheels). According to Southern San Andreas Super Autos, the car has a 6-speed gearbox, a top speed of 147mph and weights 2,866lbs. The Kuruma features a turbo dump-valve sound effect by default, although the player can add another turbo for a significantly higher acceleration.

Due to the lightweight chassis and top-heaviness on the car, The Kuruma has a tendency to lift onto two wheels and even flip during sharp, high speed turns, or roll the car. It is slightly bested by the Sultan in terms of top speed. However, in terms of grip, the Sultan stands a heavy ground when attacking corners at high speed. The Kuruma tends to slide attempting to attack corners at similar speeds. Off-road, the Kuruma is one of the fastest cars in the game, with its high traction allowing for high speeds on off-road terrain which allows it to keep up to even some Super cars.

The Kuruma does not deform easily when crashed, as it can only be scratched or lose body parts (it still has bodywork deformation, albeit to a lesser extend). The same is true with the Panto and Coquette Classic.) - http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Kuruma

On 8/29/2017 at 3:37 PM, Thorgs said:

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Bati 801
Any mods? If so list them here: Everthing is upgraded
How is the vehicle's damage?: It seems as expected
How does the vehicle handle?: Taking corners can be deadly it drifts farther than expected I understand you cant take a corner at high speeds and expect it to just do it but you really have to slow down for corners

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: It slides even more in the rain some is expected cause the surface is wet
Speeds are perfect. 

On 8/29/2017 at 2:28 PM, FAT STACKS $$$$ said:

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Blazer(the quadbike
Any mods? If so list them here: No, as a am unable to mod it
How is the vehicle's damage?: Acts normal
How does the vehicle handle?: Not too bad I guess

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: In the way you would expect
Fine
Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: You can't customize the quad and it runs out of gas extremely fast(it goes from a half tank to zero in 1-2 minutes of driving).

Sorry if this doesn't belong here

Fixed. Thank you for taking the time.

Edited by Osk

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Ruffian.
Any mods? If so list them here: Everything Upgraded.
How is the vehicle's damage?: The damage is really bad. I run into something going maybe 20 (slow enough not to fall off the bike) and the entire thing breaks.
How does the vehicle handle?: Handling is very poor. As mentioned by Thorgs, all the bikes (in my experience) do not have very good handling and hardly turn definitely including the ruffian.

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: I have not used it in the rain.
Speeds are okay, however, I feel like it could go faster IMO. (Keep in mind I am a speed demon and crave speed)

Just now, Oasis said:

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Ruffian.
How is the vehicle's damage?: The damage is really bad. I run into something going maybe 20 (slow enough not to fall off the bike) and the entire thing breaks.
How does the vehicle handle?: Handling is very poor. As mentioned by Thorgs, all the bikes (in my experience) do not have very good handling and hardly turn definitely including the ruffian.

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: I have not used it in the rain.
Speeds are okay, however, I feel like it could go faster IMO. (Keep in mind I am a speed demon and crave speed)

Thanks Oasis, I'll take a look at it.

• Like 1

Hate to post twice but I just had to post about the...

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Obey 9F.
How is the vehicle's damage?: INSANE DAMAGE RESISTANCE. My car was absolutely destroyed visually, https://gyazo.com/d8fddd6f149f5be0d3be15cea7da3a88, (Mostly because of going 200 mph straight into a tree [HOW DID IT SURVIVE THAT?]) however it was completely fine and drove fine. The right damage bar was maybe half way up and the left had no red in it.
How does the vehicle handle?: Slides way too much at speeds as low as 30 mph.

Speeds are good. 

Also...

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Obey Omnis.
How is the vehicle's damage?: Damage is fine.
How does the vehicle handle?: Absolutely terrible! Going speed limit in the city (30) will make this car go spinning out. You can't even turn going 20 MPH! This car drifts and spins out EVERYWHERE.

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: Haven't tested it in the rain.
Are the speeds too high, too low, or perfect?: Speeds are way too slow! 330k for this car and you get 190 MPH! My 9F goes 225 and it is only 50k!
Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: Cost possibly.

Sorry if I came out rude in this post but I am very disappointed with the Omnis. What a waste of 330k, please fix it.

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Carbonizzare.
Any mods? If so list them here: Only visuals, not able to mod the engine.
How is the vehicle's damage?: Normal I guess.
How does the vehicle handle?: Terrible in low speeds when turning, drifting and getting out of hands even in the city driving. (30-40mph)
Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: In the way you would expect.
Are the speeds too high, too low, or perfect?: Top speed is pretty low because it's 200k car. But it's fine for me tbh.

Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: No performance customization but it's probably how you like it to be?

5 hours ago, Muroko said:

Just out of curiosity: the changes to the handling system is the reason why the NPC drivers disregarding the sirens and drive generally so bad? and if so , are you working on that too? 

The handling we added a week ago is the cause of the AI driving the way they are. We are hoping with the changes I make that can rectify that issue, if not Sneaky has a few ideas he's kicking around. We don't want them driving like you Russians do ;)

9 hours ago, yNzx_ said:

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Carbonizzare.
Any mods? If so list them here: Only visuals, not able to mod the engine.
How is the vehicle's damage?: Normal I guess.
How does the vehicle handle?: Terrible in low speeds when turning, drifting and getting out of hands even in the city driving. (30-40mph)
Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: In the way you would expect.
Are the speeds too high, too low, or perfect?: Top speed is pretty low because it's 200k car. But it's fine for me tbh.

Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: No performance customization but it's probably how you like it to be?

Thanks I'll take care of the handling issue. If I remember correctly the top speed of the Carbonizzare is the highest in the game at the moment (that may get lowered slightly unfortunately for you). 

21 hours ago, Flazer4k said:

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Dewbauchee Massacro
Any mods? If so list them here: Just cosmetic
How is the vehicle's damage?: Not a problem
How does the vehicle handle?: Not a problem

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: ITs k
Speeds are to slow. Before update it use to beat all the competition and now it can be beaten by the obey which is very cheap compared to it. Top speed was like 190 but i got the obey to 210
Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above? na

I know this isnt a commonly used car but if it can be fixed so that its actually worth the money that would be great thx.

I looked at both Massacros (the regular civ car and the painted race car version). I'm going to assume you're referring to the racecar Massacro that you own? Either way they should both be fixed when the new handling is uploaded.

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2017 at 8:33 PM, Oasis said:

Hate to post twice but I just had to post about the...

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Obey 9F.
How is the vehicle's damage?: INSANE DAMAGE RESISTANCE. My car was absolutely destroyed visually, https://gyazo.com/d8fddd6f149f5be0d3be15cea7da3a88, (Mostly because of going 200 mph straight into a tree [HOW DID IT SURVIVE THAT?]) however it was completely fine and drove fine. The right damage bar was maybe half way up and the left had no red in it.
How does the vehicle handle?: Slides way too much at speeds as low as 30 mph.

Speeds are good. 

Also...

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Obey Omnis.
How is the vehicle's damage?: Damage is fine.
How does the vehicle handle?: Absolutely terrible! Going speed limit in the city (30) will make this car go spinning out. You can't even turn going 20 MPH! This car drifts and spins out EVERYWHERE.

Does the weather have any affect on the handling in a negative way?: Haven't tested it in the rain.
Are the speeds too high, too low, or perfect?: Speeds are way too slow! 330k for this car and you get 190 MPH! My 9F goes 225 and it is only 50k!
Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: Cost possibly.

Sorry if I came out rude in this post but I am very disappointed with the Omnis. What a waste of 330k, please fix it.

I'll look into them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Osk said:

If I remember correctly the top speed of the Carbonizzare is the highest in the game at the moment (that may get lowered slightly unfortunately for you). 

Hmm, is it? If it is I think it actually takes so long to reach the top speed then. But tbh I've probably never tried how fast it actually goes, and I think of some other car's top speed as Carbonizzare's. But it's cool I never drive over ~150mph because if I do my car is totalled in no time. :D

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Sandking
Any mods? If so list them here: Turbo, level 4 engine tuning, racing brakes, etc
How is the vehicle's damage?: It takes damage fine, but I've noticed with all vehicles the exterior looks way more beat up than the actual damage meter?
How does the vehicle handle?: Turns like I'm driving an 18 wheeler!  Super wide turns.  Brakes like one too.  Very hard to handle. 

Speeds are perfect!
Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: Don't think so!

Thanks for looking into these!  And thanks fer all yer hard work!

-Claretta

15 minutes ago, Claritytx said:

Make and Model (as specific as possible!): Sandking
Any mods? If so list them here: Turbo, level 4 engine tuning, racing brakes, etc
How is the vehicle's damage?: It takes damage fine, but I've noticed with all vehicles the exterior looks way more beat up than the actual damage meter?
How does the vehicle handle?: Turns like I'm driving an 18 wheeler!  Super wide turns.  Brakes like one too.  Very hard to handle. 

Speeds are perfect!
Are there any other issues with the vehicle not covered above?: Don't think so!

Thanks for looking into these!  And thanks fer all yer hard work!

-Claretta

I'll look into it, thanks for the kind words Claretta!

7 hours ago, yNzx_ said:

Hmm, is it? If it is I think it actually takes so long to reach the top speed then. But tbh I've probably never tried how fast it actually goes, and I think of some other car's top speed as Carbonizzare's. But it's cool I never drive over ~150mph because if I do my car is totalled in no time. :D

This car has such broken speed and acceleration... It definitely doesn't take long to reach the top speed if you compare it to other vehicles. =P

• Like 1