Car Braking System

Denver

I myself come across this alot when driving my car, When i try to brake at a Traffic light or a stop sign i find it very annying that my car just starts
driving backwards.
So i searched on the internet and came across this script with some cool things

- Automatic brake lights when standing still
- No more reversing when braking with a car (press button again to drive backwards)
- Drive slowly forward by gently pressing the gass
- Smooth way of aceleration

I would love to see this in the server at some point.

Let make Badlands RP great again !

P.s
Here is the script that im talking about.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

While I admit driving is a questionable topic in Badlands due to reckless driving and other things it's something that I would personally love to see changed but all of the things you have listed are mainly towards Controller based people and don't support Keyboard players. 

22 hours ago, Blueman_Gaming said:

- No more reversing when braking with a car (press button again to drive backwards)

This is what i'm referring too, in no way does it help Keyboard players which is the player bases main demographic. I understand why you'd want this but it's also something that we can easily counteract with the mechanics we already have. 

- Automatic brake lights when standing still

It might just be me but i'm guessing you mean "Automatic brake lights when standby in the car" it's something that would help so I have no issue with it.

This can easily be counteracted by not slamming your breaks, if you're going the 50mph limit then you shouldn't even have too worry about this... Just plan ahead and brake earlier.

Again this has a mechanic that helps, now i'm not saying it's the perfect mechanic but the speed limiter is amazing and I always use in on Duty for both PD and EMS with small chances that i'll use it as a Civ.

- Smooth way of aceleration

I have no problem with this.

• Like 1

Actually I would kind of like having brake lights, and yes I'm one of those who follows traffic laws most of the time. I have noticed the Mule doesn't spin its tires when holding down W+S, so if I'm driving that I hold it down at lights and stop signs so my brakes light up. But yeah, minor thing that I think only immersion nerds like you and I would appreciate.

• Like 1

- Smooth acceleration is only available to controller users

- Brake light stays on as long as you hold the brake key down. Let it go and brake lights go away. Press the brake again and you're going in reverse.

- Compared braking with and without. Found no meaningful improvement to driving to warrant adding a bloated script.

Thank you for the suggestions, but for the above reasons we will pass on this at this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2