Remove 1 shot weapons.

Kota

So, Let me start off by saying I have done a ton of time on PD and with my recent time on civ. I am 100 percent here to suggest that the .50 handgun be removed or replaced with the old machine pistol...

As on civ gun fights resolve into stacking .50 cals on both sides and who tags who first wins. Rather then positioning and taking cover as even a shot to the hand or foot has the end result of being 1 tapped and downed. Not only that the meta for groups to pack these weapons to deal with cops is also annoying.

I also don't think the punishment for doing this and packing these weapons is harsh enough if you want to go the route of not changing anything and letting PD hand down the punishment. As there is nothing stopping someone from going and buying a new one and then doing it again. Yes revoke the FAL but with no cooldown on that its just some money to go buy it and go out packing it again. 

Personally, I would rather take my chances with dodging the less lethal machine pistol shots of the past that used to be in the city then deal with this new .50 cal meta going on. 

And I know roleplay over gunplay... But gunplay can be roleplay too... But when it's like playing golden gun on the old james bond games it's not fun imo and ends too quickly. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 3

So that means change the cop guns too right? I always run deagle because cpls get a heavy pistol which is the same thing but better. Also the police combat pistol is a 4 shot? Also, deagle sometimes takes 2 shots to kill a cop because of rng(have proof of it). The regular civ pistol is like 3-4 without armor. Combat pistol has less recoil, more ammo in the clip, and it does more damage than the regular civ pistol. So back to the deagle, sometimes takes 2 shots, has more recoil than the heavy pistol, has less ammo than the heavy pistol, doesn't have a red dot like the heavy pistol. 

• Like 1

Corporals only got the heavy pistol recently to combat the deagle meta.... And let me point out yes the cops might be outgunning civs but fact is when there are civs out there that don't want to own an illegal weapon like the deagle yet everyone else is packing it how fair is it to them in a gun fight? 

Edited by Kota Taylor

Yup, that is true and it still seems to fail even though the cops have body armor and a better pistol than the civs and they still lose so is it really the guns?

If they don't want to own the illegal gun that is their own fault.

Edited by Cheez

I always believed all guns on both sides should be at LEAST 2 shots, excluding headshots. One of the main reasons why I run deagle is because regular pistols tak 5-6 body shots to down a cop. Seems to be an unbalanced difference between the two options. Hopefully the devs can find a reasonable balance to promote both choices.

The heavy pistols are not one shot guns like the revolver and deagle and most cops this day and age all wear body armor but those weapons go through both and kill you and with the meta that criminals will shoot you in the foot and die is unrealistic as well but it is a game so I can understand to a degree but the toe tap to tip the scales in criminals favor just doesn't make sense. So looking forward to see how this goes it's a much needed change 

• Like 1

I agree with Kota on the punishment or lack there of, Yes the gun licenses stops a Default Danny from getting a gun, but not really anybody else. I have never lost my Lic, but I could lose my gun lic 28 times before it starts to hurt my bank account. 

It says "revoked". If i revoke your Lic, you shouldn't be able to get a new one in 5 min.  

Maybe the lose of a gun licences should be solely controlled by the Local Police Department and not the Federal Government. (IE: Cops take it, Gov can't step in and give them another for $20k at Lic department). They would need to go to the Police Station and talk to a cop to get it back. Thus creating a little RP.

What if there are no cops on you ask? Tough shit shouldn't have lost it.  

The relaxed "Gun Control" is a joke to most players. They shoot like its a video game, and with no RP get another gun and do it again. If they do lose their License then they buy another one too, again with no RP. Especially within the same server cycle? I seriously question the Role they are Playing if there is any.   

If a licenses was suspended by the cops & would require you to get it back from the cops. that might change things. 
Like there is nothing stopping you from being a law biding citizen and getting a gun lic at the Licensing department and a gun from anywhere, but as a criminal If you lose that Lic, you should have to wait (rehabilitate) to get it back. Either a stock time (1-2 hrs) or through RP with police. either or is a win win.

Or both, they can wait the time or get it back early from a cop if the cop believes they have changed.   

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 7

I once joined a server where you had to initially get your FAL from an on duty officer, rather than it being from a licencing department. This made sense and really added some RP to the whole obtaining of the licence. I think that would be cool to do regardless of anything else decided. 

It could also be changed similar to what Merr said where if they lose their FAL, then they have to ask an officer to get it back. The officer can give it back if they feel like they have rehabilitated and as another reward for good RP, or he/she can deny it and the person would have to wait until the next storm cycle to get a new one.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

It is an interesting idea, however, I have concerns about bias and grudges. The idea of the license is not to make it hard or impossible to get, but to reduce cases of server rule breaking.

I do see your point. 

One thing I DON'T like to do is seize a fire arms license. Maybe not involving permission from an officer, but a time limit when someone is unable to use there firearm. Nothing excessive, but I think that suggestion is more for Sr Staff to discuss with Admin Staff due to balancing? I have the idea in my head, but I keep loosing it, I'll shut up now =( lol 

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

It is an interesting idea, however, I have concerns about bias and grudges. The idea of the license is not to make it hard or impossible to get, but to reduce cases of server rule breaking.

FAL seizure only really happens in extreme cases anyways. Officers are white listed and therefore trusted to uphold a standard of RP that others are not always held to. And in the same way that officers can be disciplined for robo copping and hitting suspects with the book without any reductions as rewards for good RP, they should also be disciplined if they refuse to give back licences when the RP is good.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:44 PM, Serpico said:

I agree, I see this being abused too much. 

On 11/20/2018 at 4:43 PM, ValkyrieBlu said:

FAL seizure only really happens in extreme cases anyways. Officers are white listed and therefore trusted to uphold a standard of RP that others are not always held to. And in the same way that officers can be disciplined for robo copping and hitting suspects with the book without any reductions as rewards for good RP, they should also be disciplined if they refuse to give back licences when the RP is good.

I think instead of this, there should be at least some form of a timer that is put on it. This would prevent officers from "forgetting" or clocking off for other things without giving the license back. For example, from the time you lost it, you would not be allowed to get it back for 2 hours or until the next storm. Putting officers in charge of some things would be more headache than its worth IMO.