Zancudo Drag Strip

Kota

54 minutes ago, vDrop said:

Are air missions relevant enough? Asking from someone whom doesn't bother with them since they don't really have any RP value. Would it be something to consider in removing (if) its not being used much? 

Removing, no. They could be moved, but the crate used for airdrops is a US Army crate. It makes the most sense in RP for it to be where it is.

• Like 1

I could search for a drag strip for LSIA or sandy shores. I agree with speed on the fact air missions make more sense coming from the military base RP wise. I just sorta loved the idea of having a drag strip with seating for people to just watch and proper props to make it legit. 

14 hours ago, Kota Taylor said:

I could search for a drag strip for LSIA or sandy shores.

When I was playing in GTA Online, I used to run this event every so often. There's no official map for it; it was just something everyone participating understood. It was a down-and-back style race. It started at the line with the arrow designated as "1". You went down (in order of the arrows), turned around (without cutting through the grass) and came back to cross the same line you started. Obviously, first one down and back won. It was understood that rubbing is racing and you may bump from time to time (due to latency, etc) but there were to be no blatant acts of sabotage against your opponent (no ramming, playing chicken, spinning out, etc).

Each event was themed and usually was followed by a car show with the winner of both events (the drag race and car show) having their photo showcased on the website.

7nfE2Vr.png

This is just one example of an event that I hosted.

8g1ZQoR.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing events like this hosted in the city. ?

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread. We have a pretty decent racing scene in the city now and i think the drag strip would be a great addition. As of now the Zancudo airfield is unused (AFAIK) and we aren't allowed to go in it per server rules. Huge unused space that i feel would be beneficial.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sgt. Jax said:

theres a server rule against going into zancudo? 

I thought it was but apparently it isnt i just checked. Its a high security military base, civs shouldnt be in there anyway. Point still stands though, nobody uses it and the reasoning before was the air drops (i dont even recall ever hearing anyone doing them). Right now most drag races are at the sandy airfield. Ive personally used this drag strip mod and its easily double the length. 

14 minutes ago, Storrent said:

-1 it's a goddamn military base how is this even being considered

Because in the 3+ years ive been here we have never had a military, i have never witnessed or even heard of rp happening there, and we don't have a drag strip and one is already made and available in that area. It has food booths, gas pumps, seating, scoreboards, etc. Another possibility for events. Its a huge flat unused space thats just sitting there with absolutely no value. I would like it to have value.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I like the idea of pushing things and activities towards Sandy and Paleto, so I'm 100% for this. Althought I don't believe it should be open at all times, only for events. Otherwise people might go there just for the sake of racing and disregarding overall RP. 

2 minutes ago, Randy Jones said:

I mean isn't racing RP in itself? 

I don't think so. There's minor interaction at the start, minor at the finish and no preparation whatsoever, as everyone can be a legimate keyboard or joystick racer.