Higher rank display on discord

Caralanco

So that people are able to properly display their accomplishments, maybe have the order go,

LSFD
LSPD Recruit
AEMT
LSPD
Paramedic
Corporal
Chief paramedic
FTS

Etc..

Just odd seeing chief paramedics for example who dedicate so much time and effort to the EMS faction having their title blinded by a PO tag

EDIT:

Exactly what Sully said, because a lot of people might scroll through the server list and not even know Brigid, for example is Chief paramedic because her name is in blue.

Edited by Oscar Wilde

As much as a respect you Oscar, I think this could have been asked a different way.

@Thorgs, what I think Oscar is asking for is that there is a feature on discord that allows people to be shown in both groups on the right side. A great example would be Brigid whom is a Chief Paramedic, but she doesn't appear under the LSFD category, only the LSPD. However discord has the feature were someone can appear in multiple groups. I think Oscar is requesting that this feature is to be enabled so Chief Paramedics can also be properly shown under the LSFD category as they should, with that said...Not just Chief Paramedics, but all LSFD senior personnel whom I do believe should be shown in LSFD, and even for LSPD if applicable. 

For that reason, if it matters, I do support the request for members to be shown under multiple groups, not just the "highest" based on discord. 

• Thanks 1

The thing is, each faction runs their rank structure differently the ranks don't "line up" in terms of responsibility. A Chief Paramedic, though same in the promotion structure as a Sergeant in terms of distance from the bottom, has different duties than a Sergeant may, making them incomparable. Due to how Discord sorts ranks/colors, and how the current system is set up, it won't work as easily and smoothly as you're describing.

Speed would need to confirm but I think that there are more reasons why the groups stack the way they do. It has more to do with permissions than anything else.  That's why EMS is able to assign discord ranks themselves and LSPD cannot.  Sometimes things seems simple on the surface but the tools we use prove to be limiting :(  It's a great idea but not sure it can be done.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TiLLeR said:

Speed would need to confirm but I think that there are more reasons why the groups stack the way they do. It has more to do with permissions than anything else.  That's why EMS is able to assign discord ranks themselves and LSPD cannot.  Sometimes things seems simple on the surface but the tools we use prove to be limiting :(  It's a great idea but not sure it can be done.

This is correct. Discord permissions aren't granular enough to limit access the way we'd like to, and this is a side-effect of that.

The sidebar would also look quite messy if we broke out each individual rank into its own group, rather than grouping them all into PD/EMS like we do now.

• Like 3