Let's talk about these "jobs"

For a server that has "Legal/Illegal Jobs" in their title..why are there so limited ways to make money legally? I see your running vRP, presumably using Dunko as the base seeing as it has the same plugins. There appears to be the basic jobs, those are similar to the ESX Jobs plugin (Miner, Fishing, and Trucking are the first that come to mind.) Since I know people will pick this apart, as they do with every other post people put about legal/illegal jobs I'll do you a solid on this one.

Let's start with wine

Sure, if you're in a larger group you can do wine easily enough. But, what if none of you have the $2m to buy a store? Well, then you need to hope that someone who already has a lot of money is online and can sell you yeast. How is yeast such a controlled item, yet you can go pick ephedrine from a bush?

"You can take the meth van anywhere"

You're right, we can drive this little tug boat with wheels up to the hills. However, every NPC that doesn't want drugs, be it Coke, Meth, or Weed, is a nark, so good luck making any sort of quick turnaround without being on at midnight when there is 1 cop on, which not all of us can do. Not all of us can sink half our day into a server either, just to get arrested and fined based on "probable cause".

Trucking

Now, I genuinely enjoy trucking when I do manage to squeak in an hour or two of gaming. However, these engines are so delicate. It's like you are firing only on half cylinders, so eventually the motors just quits.. This is the case with most vehicles, not even just trucks. You can hit nothing, drive for 10 minutes, surprise your car is smoking for no real reason. Oh, 2 mechanics are online and tow trucks are broken?

In-game job salaries

With most job resources, the job and it's job grades are loaded into a DB (atleast, with ESX it is). In that DB, there is a table that houses them. Usually something generic like "Jobs" and "Job-grades". The structure of that table usually goes something like this. "id, job_name, grade, name, label, SALARY", so why are all 5 or 6 jobs from the center the exact same salary as unemployed? Let's talk about RP for a minute. You mean to tell me, that if a Miner went out for a days work, and he works 12 hours, he would make the same base pay as someone who sat at home unemployed? "The miner sells the good" huzzah, let me sell these precious metals for the price of dirt.

I generally don't have a lot of complaints about the servers. I come home from my net sec job and just want to do some RP. We all do, that's why were here..but not all of us want to RP doing illegal activities and the only response people give when asking about making money is to sell drugs or make wine. Yes, Wine is a nice money maker if you have more than 2 people to break it up. Not all of us are in a group, some of us are solo, some are duo. Not everyone wants to be in a gang just so they can sell drugs and fend off the cops. For those people that are solo/duo, it is next to impossible to get anywhere legally. It's more frustrating, because the resources for legal jobs on the vRP framework already exist. You don't even need to make them. You download it, change the config file of where you want blips and certain things to spawn, import the .sql file to the SQL server, modify the salary and that's it for the most part.

I'm in no way bashing anyone, it's not easy to setup and maintain a FiveM server. It's not just drag and drop files, and I get that, and appreciate all that the dev(s) do for the server. I just don't understand why the job system is so limited when it's in the server title.

Let's start with wine

Yeast is such a controlled item because of the insane profit margins that a well-coordinated team can pull in. Jobs have to be balanced around the tryhards because, though it may hurt profits for the layman, the economy is nevertheless kept in check.

"You can take the meth van anywhere"

I say this every time in one form or another, but drug selling's more than just running around on the pier and pressing H in front of every NPC you see. You have to be smart, vigilant, and unpredictable. If you do nothing but run around Mirror Park selling to everything you see, you'll get caught sooner than later. Additionally, whether or not you'll get the cops called on you is completely independent of whether or not you make a sale or not.

Trucking

That sounds like a bug report waiting to be filed to me.

In-game job salaries

If the salaries were increased per job, nobody would stay as a standard civilian. They would find the job with the highest do-nothing salary, and go about their drug-selling business making some quick cash as an aside for doing nothing different. The money from the jobs comes from working the job itself.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Die Schildkröte said:

Let's start with wine

So you don't have 2M to start a business that's fine and wine was meant to be more RP group oriented so RP your way into a business group and as you say maybe they're not online then you wait it's not a get rich quick server as most people seem to think.

23 minutes ago, Die Schildkröte said:

However, every NPC that doesn't want drugs, be it Coke, Meth, or Weed, is a nark, so good luck making any sort of quick turnaround without being on at midnight when there is 1 cop on

Then be a better criminal I know of criminals that have gotten away more times than they have been caught or never been caught and there are many ways to accomplish this and it just doesn't happen overnight. I'm sure many will tell you its not always done solo and if you try it solo you need to be smart and have a backup plan.

26 minutes ago, Die Schildkröte said:

However, these engines are so delicate. It's like you are firing only on half cylinders, so eventually the motors just quits.

This has never happened to me I used to truck a lot never once unless I hit many things did my engine brake. If it's happening to you a lot have you put in a bug report for the devs to look into it?

Its an RP server not everyone comes to grind for wealth and many with limited time have done this for a while to get what they want again you not gonna get rich overnight, again make friends and work together if your a solo player it will take time but again its an RP server not everyone is here to grind.

• Like 3

Also if you don't have the time to sell to locals. Do what my group does and sell bulk to another group you get less profit overall but if done right you can eliminate some of your risk while still making a profit and it forces you to roleplay with other players. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 1

There are more legal jobs in this city than illegal.

All of these you can do without a business partner - Diving for treasure, Taxi, Trucking, Mechanic/Tow, Engineer, Food Delivery, Picking Peaches, Picking Grapes, Panning for Gold, Mining Minerals, Hunting.

These you will need a business contact - Making Wine (in a group), Hiring a minimart, 

These you need to be whitelisted - LSFD/EMS, LSPD

There are also plenty of jobs you can role play... get creative.

like... seriously? you think the legal money making jobs are too few? *gives side eye*

Edited by Penny Lane

1 hour ago, Kota Taylor said:

People underestimate the relaxation the repairman job gives. Pays dirt but it's a good time killer and can be very good roleplay. 

also, new players can make decent money from it. If the mechanic isnt a shithead and puts atleast a little bit of effort in i always tip atleast 1k, often more. My crew has tipped a guy 30k just cause he was funny af when we were getting our cars repaired. People who have been in this server 4+ months are usually willing to reward newer players that RP well in my experience.

• Like 2

I would love to see more jobs either legal or illegal that aren't so dirty. Personally, Stacy would never drive a taxi or be a tow truck driver. I'd think more "female" friendly jobs would be nice. Maybe a bartender, stripper, car wash attendant, prostitution (not sure about server rules on this one, just know that I see hookers/prostitutes all over the place and it might be an option). I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but I know that I'd like to have more options that don't feel so cheap/dirty for RP reasons. Perhaps that's not possible... but it would be cool to see awesome new jobs.

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about how the coding behind FiveM works, but there could be a couple of locations you can go to for bars as and players as well as locals come in and RP out orders or dances with options on the screen similar to how growing weed works. Select the correct option(s) and get a better tip percentage. Mistakes lower the tip amount.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

There are about 5 thousand + jobs on Badlands that I can think of.... Not sure what the issue is, you can RP as a parking meeter and charge people to park at garage 2/6. Great job right there. You are only limited to your imagination and what services people will pay for. 

The problem is nobody wants to spend their hard earned money on anything other then guns, and cars. 

To have a good working economy money needs to be traded amongst player's and not horded. 

Last point is RP requires $0 dollars to produce quality interactions. 

Stop caring about money, and start caring about RP. 

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 7

I agree that this city has a fair group of players looking for interactions. Myself i have tried to create player based economy and jobs that are based on interaction more so than income.

Great to see im not the only one looking for RP. We old players have the luxury and freedom to create this. We are passed the grinding stage or do not care anymore. Have enough to offer the community and new players something different and new.  Hence providing all levels of RP in the city. 

Take care all and enjoy!

Edited by Str84it
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1