New gang rules

39 minutes ago, Alex Wolf said:

I dont mean as their own characters due to the fact that everyone will be like "Hey look its speed!" or "Hey look its Serena!" or "Hey look its Daniel!"

Here I meant to play as a different character so people dont know its you so easily. If they do they will only be arround you and asking you for stuff or see you as an admin and avoid any problems and as soon as you leave the area they keep doing wtv they want according to rules or not. That would be a way to avoid this kind of problems, so when people are trying to get these rules so people dont use it against you or try to outsmart those rules you guys can presence what they are doing and not being based only of reports that a person can record only the part that they want and turn everything to their own side. Thats what I meant, I know all of you have civ mains but everyone knows them as they are celebrities due to the fact that you are admins and they will act differently in front of you and be ready to do shit as soon as you turn your back. Serena from now is the one who actualy made different characters BUT it was quite easy to identify her OOC.

5 minutes ago, Alex Wolf said:

Serena from now is the one who actualy made different characters BUT it was quite easy to identify her OOC.

We all face the same issue. Believe me, we would love to be able to play without being recognized, it’s just not possible with the way the server operates.

However, that doesn’t mean we don’t see the problems each faction faces.

10 minutes ago, Merr Khan said:

So I'm confused:

Can a whole gang be in a private clubhouse, or appartment, hanging out and talking with more then 4 members?

(Or are we forcing meta gaming and discord chat instead of ingame meetings). 

—

We've already answered this question several times. A whole gang can be in the same location, but only 4 members can be in gang clothing. The others must be dressed noticeably different.

—

Can one gang sell/buy drugs with another gang? 

(Or are we prohibiting Rp with players, forcing only local drug sales)

—

See previous replies. Nothing has changed in this regard.

—

Will this rule on group size be applied to garage 2/6?

(Too often there are 4+ with guns out, working together, and no matching clothes). 

—

Yes, same as anywhere else. Ditto gang clothing rules.

—

Will gangs ever be white listed with unique clothes, and hangouts/clubs that only the gang can wear, And meet at?

(Or will there be no benefit to being in a group, encouraging solo RP only)

—

Whitelisted, yes. Unique clothes, no. Hangouts/turfs, in a sense. We have plans.

—

Can a gang murder a civilian wearing their clothes or make them take it off? Or file a player report for disruptive behavior?

(Or do they simply have to pretend to not see blatain disrespect)

—

Sure, you could force them to change their clothes if they’re intentionally imitating your gang. Just don’t be disruptive.

It would only be report-worthy if they’re trying to inject themselves into your gang and get you in trouble.

—

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm nearly assessing if gang rp is worth the investment of time and energy.  

Thanks. 

Replies within. I’m on mobile.

You guys are largely overthinking these changes. The only significant change is that gangs can no longer have more than 4 members in gang clothing at one time. Other than that, it’s business as usual. The rest of the changes are for the purpose of clarification. If you haven’t been in trouble before, keep doing what you’re doing.

• Thanks 3

As someone that you all know is almost a no life cop, I have a different perspective on the gang attire requirements. 

Previously, when approaching a scene where there were possibly up to 8 people wearing the same clothing, it would not be easily distinguishable in a fog of war sense to determine who is currently a threat and who is an innocent bystander. In my mind, and I can only speak for myself, that situation turns into 8 leather jackets, or 5 yellow bandanas, or 6 purple shirts are all targets, which is technically RDM, but in the heat of the moment it’s easy to lose track of the participants. It would also be foolish to assume that non-involved parties will just flee the area so as to not be involved in the hostility. 

Also, as someone who has to deal with reports about misconduct, it eliminates the need to justify why 5 people were shot instead of 4, as I’m sure it would also cut down on the RDM reports that staff may receive from a situation such as this. 

Edited by tRaShCaN05
  • Like 2

Ok. Starting to get a grasp. 

So it's fine for 2 triads and 2 purple men to meet up, make a drug deal, And shoot at cops or other gangs trying to stop them, if needed. Because it is not more then 4.

But if two gangs of 4 meet up to have a turf war. And the cops show up they can't effectively make thier group 8 and team up. One group would have to flee and the other fight. 

As with the clothing, I like that part, no more pointing my gun at 6+ people who look the same trying to figure out who's hostile and who's not. While I'm getting shot 

I see how this can be a small hindrance with immersion and story for the none hostile scene's, but can easily be worked around. And in the big picture I think it will help. 

Thanks for the reply @speed

Edited by Merr Khan

3 minutes ago, Merr Khan said:

So it's fine for 2 triads and 2 purple men to meet up, make a drug deal, And shoot at cops or other gangs trying to stop them, if needed. Because it is not more then 4.

But if two gangs of 4 meet up to have a turf war. And the cops show up they can't effectively make thier group 8 and team up. One group would have to flee and the other fight. 

Correct. In the first situation, both gangs would need to initiate, however, unless the police initiated on you first.

Situation 2 is correct. Unfortunate, but correct. This will be revised to account for specific scenarios when official mechanics are added.

4 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

So I'm confused:

Can a whole gang be in a private clubhouse, or appartment, hanging out and talking with more then 4 members?

(Or are we forcing meta gaming and discord chat instead of ingame meetings). 

Can one gang sell/buy drugs with another gang? 

(Or are we prohibiting Rp with players, forcing only local drug sales)

Will this rule on group size be applied to garage 2/6?

(Too often there are 4+ with guns out, working together, and no matching clothes). 

Will gangs ever be white listed with unique clothes, and hangouts/clubs that only the gang can wear, And meet at?

(Or will there be no benefit to being in a group, encouraging solo RP only)

Can a gang murder a civilian wearing their clothes or make them take it off? Or file a player report for disruptive behavior?

(Or do they simply have to pretend to not see blatain disrespect)

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm mearly assessing if gang rp is worth the investment of time and energy.  

Thanks. 

Know I'm late to the conversation, But ALL of these damn points!!! We have people all the time dressing in Vagos colors, going around saying they are a Vago and doing shit things, giving us a bad name (possibly getting us a talking to...). But if I were to approach them or try and demand they take the colors off, I feel I'd be talked to for harassment.

Edit: Just read Speed say they were looking into whitelisted gangs. This should help a lot. 

Edited by Isabella Sanchez
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I know some other servers have a way to "clock in" for your gang as you would with pd/ems. I'm assuming yall already have something like this in the works, but if not i think it would be a great idea. It removes the hassle of "who is going to be hostile and whos going to run if shit goes down". It would fix a lot of the confusion that often happens when people forcibly try to become part of your gang. I know for a fact both Ballas and Vagos have had problems with people just coming down to their turf wearing colors, which often makes me nervous because i like to make sure gang rules are followed and i dont want this random person to start shooting if shit goes down and making us look bad. Clocking in would make it so theres absolutely no question about it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gianni Vermicelli said:

I know some other servers have a way to "clock in" for your gang as you would with pd/ems. I'm assuming yall already have something like this in the works, but if not i think it would be a great idea. It removes the hassle of "who is going to be hostile and whos going to run if shit goes down". It would fix a lot of the confusion that often happens when people forcibly try to become part of your gang. I know for a fact both Ballas and Vagos have had problems with people just coming down to their turf wearing colors, which often makes me nervous because i like to make sure gang rules are followed and i dont want this random person to start shooting if shit goes down and making us look bad. Clocking in would make it so theres absolutely no question about it.

Agree with this. Even with the new rules, we're still going to have this issue unfortunately. We made sure we had our hostiles in bright yellow tank tops or whatever outfit we designated at the start of each storm daily and our non hostiles in like black or whatever they chose as long as it wasn't bright yellow, but then you had other people coming to hang out or coming in after the storm and it becomes a mess. Only way to combat is a discord channel to make sure everyone is on the same page, however this is looked down upon too. To be honest, it's become to the point it's too stressful to deal with that I barely get on Izzy anymore. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gianni Vermicelli said:

That would be an awesome idea BUT until the devs can make it happen I dont think they will go back with that rule or the civs will be okay with staying in that rule for some time. As said before maybe its better discussing this in a comunity meeting, so people can discuss, give ideas and probably even get to an agreement, until then there is no point in stress ourselves over something that can be solved in a few hours of meeting.

23 hours ago, Serpico said:

We are not a lite rp server. We have moved away from this a while ago. Keep that in mind. Our expectations is more in the upper end of medium RP.

while mostly true i feel that the recent wardrobe rule making everyone wear matching unitards essentially is somewhat counterproductive to that end yes it makes it easier to identify who is doing what in a hostile situation but it is kinda unrealistic.  individuality is a big part of life even within gangs. matching bandanas is accurate but matching every piece of clothing as well? it's a little on the ridiculous side.  while being able to identify who is hostile and who is not is important. by making everyone  match so closely in appearance you are essentially removing part of the challenge of by making it overly easy to identify who is a threat and who is an innocent by standard.

• Like 6

These rules have been added because gangs can't follow simple rules and we have to enforce these unrealistic rules so that gameplay is fair for everyone in the community. We as the staff team think about not only civs but every faction and what would benefit everyone. There are stuff in the works for gangs but until then we as the staff team ask to just follow the rules we have in place now until we can add more options for everyone to make everyone's life a little easier.

• Like 3