Drug Stealing

I think it would be interesting if when selling drugs that there is a % chance the local will actually try to steal the product from you. Would have to chase them down and kill in order to loot the body to get it back. Perhaps on the chance that the local does steal, these particular calls don't alert police because the fight calls will happen instead.

• Like 3

Sounds like an awesome idea, like the individual will take your product not pay u, and run off with it.
I can see how this is making the drug sales a little harder but also more engaging towards role play.

In my opinion though, this should only be done with locals that are in gang involved areas as the chances of selling drugs to gang members are a little higher if i'm not wrong.

10 hours ago, Philip Nelson said:

Sounds like an awesome idea, like the individual will take your product not pay u, and run off with it.
I can see how this is making the drug sales a little harder but also more engaging towards role play.

In my opinion though, this should only be done with locals that are in gang involved areas as the chances of selling drugs to gang members are a little higher if i'm not wrong.

As I see where you are coming from and if it would be like that irl yes, but at least from my perspective, this would not be completely fair. In the server, you have many gangs that go around. You have for example the Vagos they are a street gang and they, of course, sell down in gang turf. While you also have other gangs that might sell in vinewood or at the pier or such. To then make it harder for the people that choose to RP as a gang I don't feel like they should get a harder time just because of that.

this would definitely stop the whole sprinting around making hand-offs left right and centre, it will force RP for drug-dealers now having to choose whether to lose product or possibly interact with cops if they attack the local

but i also agree with @Philip Nelson in that it should only be locals in areas like the boardwalk, pier and gang areas. i don't think locals from areas like vinewood or near zonah would be aggressive like that. maybe to balance it, they can pay less than the ones likely to be aggressive?

i think this is a cool idea

I don't see why killing would be the only way to get your precious baggies back. Giving them a good beating *sounds of repeated mouse clicks coming through the microphone* and I'm sure they'll have a change of heart. No need to encourage murder over a couple joints.

• Like 2

I've played in another server with this mechanic and it definitely encourages more talking to AI which was fun. Even so, I'd prefer to see other illegal jobs, not more development on the ones we already have. Other jobs will produce more variety of conversation whereas drug dealing, whether it's a new type of drug or the robbing addition, will still basically be the same thing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vDrop said:

I'd rather not see this come into play. From a PD perspective, I think it would make it far easier for PD to catch suspects selling. 

Same.  I am a big no. 

It'd make PD's job to catch easier.
And no dealer worth their salt gives the drugs first.

• Haha 1