Combat Healing

Something that will definitely be touchy... In hostile initiation that has played out to the point to were you've been shot, should you be allowed to heal yourself with joints or pills? I personally say no to this.

Just feel like it's a cheat way to heal. Kinda wanna see everyone's feedback to this.

Edited by Reuben ~ Reckonity
  • Like 2

Just now, Oscar Wilde said:

There's been a soft nerf to this already, if you take damage after consuming pills or smoking a joint, healing effects will be cancelled.

It's still something that is healing you though, gotta think of it like this. An Officer can't heal unless he risks an addiction, while Civ's can smoke weed and heal a certain amount, this is a deadly scenario considering that they might have someone covering him while he's healing.

1 minute ago, Reuben ~ Reckonity said:

It's still something that is healing you though, gotta think of it like this. An Officer can't heal unless he risks an addiction, while Civ's can smoke weed and heal a certain amount, this is a deadly scenario considering that they might have someone covering him while he's healing.

Its power gaming and scummy for sure, at least the criminal would get weed vision.

• Like 1

Cops have tons of advantages in combat I don't really see the problem with civs having a better form of healing personally. Also if I as a civ am able to be covered by my partner while I smoke a joint to heal in the safety of cover I don't really see that as powergaming. Best case scenario it's powergaming because we're smoking a joint instead of applying a bandage but that's due to limitations of city.

7 hours ago, Smojo said:

Cops do have tons of advantages...everywhere tbh, Fire Power, Cars, Armor lol civs have only the element of surprise >:)

Not true, while I understand that we do have armour and our cars do go at speed's to stay with cars like the Dominator GTX. We still are at an disadvantage in multiple area's. For example, people who plan out stuff can get ahead. The firepower are for higher ranking staff in the PD, it's not like your gonna see an LEO rocking an SMG. I see where you're coming from but it's not exactly true.

I personally keep 1 pill on me at all times when I am clocked on PD or EMS. If I get into a gunfight and get injured nearly to the point of being downed, I try to find a safe place to take my pill and heal. If I get an addiction...well the whole point of the addiction update was to create more RP with EMS so I just get treated. I really don't see why no one will take pills, taking one pill may give you trace of pills but it normally wont affect you unless you take several. The danger with weed is that you can lose it and get fined for having it on you. The danger with pills is an addiction if you take several (which then gives you an opportunity for RP). So based on that I think that PD and civilians are pretty balanced for healing abilities. As far as being able to heal in a gunfight, you can't heal while being shot at because it makes you vulnerable and doesn't work if you take more damage. When you get to a safe location I don't see why it's not fair to heal since IRL you can bandage yourself, use a tourniquet, or take a shot of adrenaline or something. I don't feel like it's unfair or unrealistic. That's just my take on the topic.

I don't get where you all think cops have TONs of advantage in combat? Yes cops have a vest as in IRL cops do and civilians don't walk around with any. Except for certain ranks you have the same firepower as we do which includes the illegal gun store. Unless again a FTS+ is on duty and which is not always the case other than armor weapons are equal. You can atm smoke weed and meth for health and speed cops can't do either. If we use advanced tactics you are able to shoot right away once you exit the car which most of the time happens. I don't personally have any issues if you use stuff to heal or for speed it helps keeps things balanced since we have vest but cops by far do not have any real advantage over civilians in combat. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

I don't get where you all think cops have TONs of advantage in combat? Yes cops have a vest as in IRL cops do and civilians don't walk around with any. Except for certain ranks you have the same firepower as we do which includes the illegal gun store. Unless again a FTS+ is on duty and which is not always the case other than armor weapons are equal. You can atm smoke weed and meth for health and speed cops can't do either. If we use advanced tactics you are able to shoot right away once you exit the car which most of the time happens. I don't personally have any issues if you use stuff to heal or for speed it helps keeps things balanced since we have vest but cops by far do not have any real advantage over civilians in combat. 

Plus gun's like Pistol.50's literally one shot us...

8 hours ago, Thorgs said:

Honestly i agree with everything you said. When it comes to real life, regular people are no way in shape or form able to beat police in combat, but at the same token in real life there are a very small percent of those who are able to beat cops in combat (Drug Lords, Gangs) Assuming we are talking about cops with vest, pistols, shotguns and assault rifles. IRL There are Drug Lords and Gangs who can get their hands on big boy weapons and equipment. (Not saying let civs get rps and armor or non) Just to prove a point. IRL Cops have an advantage over regular civilians, but not that 1% who can smuggle in a rpg from Afghanistan. On the server the only advantage i see when it comes to a regular civ, and a cop....are the cars. As someone above said the cop cars are designed to be able to keep up with cars like the dominator gtx, the dominator gtx is a $900K car. Its not realistic for a REGULAR police cruiser to keep up with a dominator gtx. IRL During a high speed chase with a high performance car police pull out their high performance vehicles  ( Doge Chargers, Ford Mustangs, Helicopters ect.) Regular police cruisers are for chases with the common car that people have. Sedans, Coups, Some sports. But youll never see a crown vic keep up with a Ferrari IRL. thats 230hp vs 660hp.......thats 128mph vs 220mph. buttttt the chances of a regular police officer getting in a chase with a Ferrari are slim to non, thats why regular police cruisers dont need all that power. The problem with that is.....on the server most players have what would be considered a medium to high performance car, thats why cars where nurfed so they wouldn't out run cops....and cop cars where buffed to keep up with the high performance cars. Sounds like to me cops cars are an advantage, which in essence i believe they should considering most of the server owns what would be considered a fast car irl, but i feel as though they are too advantaged. Not saying make cop cars slower.....Just saying un nerfering cars, and keeping the buff on cop cars would be more balanced. I dont like how theirs a double negative for civs in the since of cops vs civs on cars. Civ cars are slower by default (Negative) and cop cars are faster by default (Negative). Would it be ok for Cop cars to be faster by default and civ cars just be regular with no buff or nerf ?

14 minutes ago, Smojo said:

Regular police cruisers are for chases with the common car that people have. Sedans, Coups, Some sports. But youll never see a crown vic keep up with a Ferrari IRL. thats 230hp vs 660hp.......thats 128mph vs 220mph.

First off I think you are getting off OP talking about the combat healing. Cars could be a different topic altogether and I'd rather this post be more on what it's asking...

The only reason I got a little off topic was most seem to think in Combat cops have the advantage with firepower just for example right now out of all 3 cities w/cops on only 2 have the higher rank to have a shotgun so that's why I say there are not always on with high powered gun in combat

Yeah i got a little carried away with the topic my bad, but as far as guns and combat i agree theres no life or death serious advantage. Took me a little to think about it. At first i thought alll cops could carry shot guns and assult rifles....didnt know cops had a ranking system until you said some. Anyways if their was an advantage combat wise....their should be....its cops. Ill make a new thread about the car thing.

Edited by Smojo