Auto 1st person while gun is equipped.

Wanted to know if there is a way to add a forced 1st person view anytime a weapon (gun) is equipped and in hand, This will combat none RP - 3rd person un-realistic shooting, and balance gun-play IMO. If your character doesn't see the target then you don't. No more pre-aiming around corners since this isn't PubG.   

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but in the interest in remembering that this is an RP server and not a GP server (Gun Play)...... I don't think hostile action through firearms (civ or cop) should be aloud any type of advantage through 3rd person view advantage or 3rd party extensions (screen dot), or Player experience TPS ability. It should be based on the characters ability to use a firearm effectively.

just my two cents but i like to think of default (Third person aim) as more akin to hip firing, which if you know what you're doing, can work out in a quick situation. I tend to go into First person and ADS so it remembers next time i go first person. but if every time you aimed your weapon it went to FPP/ADS it works both ways, if you want a serious RP server, then First person(at all times) should be the logical choice, but this isn't a hardcore RP server.

*Queue Forrest Gump*
and that's all i have to say about that

Making all gun engagements 1st person only would make the gun play fair for everyone. As a person who 1st person gun fights it is super frustrating that I get pre fired both on and off duty as a cop. Alsp there are ppl out there that use outside the game red dots and such for advantages in these 3rd person pre fire contest and going 1st person when aiming would solve this issue

So here is an example of what i am talking about, IMO it is meta gaming to use 3rd person to pre-aim around corners. It is information that your character can not possible know.  

I am not blasting anybody personally here, this is just two awesome example.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ScrumptiousBumblingBaboonArsonNoSexy

If you look from the other perspective, the person inside could not possibly see around the corner. This 3rd person camera angle creates an unfair advantage for the person at the corner vs the person far away. And needs to be removed since this is not PubG and Gun-play is not the goal.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoringHyperBillHotPokket

Edited by Merr Khan

Merr not everything you don’t like is meta gaming.  It’s an allowed game mechanic.  Remember it’s a game based on some real life aspects. 

Its also a third person game so everyone knows that coming in and has the same ‘advantage’.  

Sorry meta is my trigger word.  Very abused in the community. 

Metagaming is a term used in role-playing games, which describes a player's use of real-life knowledge concerning the state of the game to determine their character's actions, when said character has no relevant knowledge or awareness under the circumstances. (Google)

Please explain how using 3rd person to pre aim around a corner is not meta gaming.  The character has no knowledge of what is around that corner w/out poking his head around and looking.  

Edited by Merr Khan

As I still like the idea Merr, then what about when people are on top of roofs at a store and speaking? We can't determine if they are inside or outside because of this being a game. I had this happen to me once, as I thought the two people was inside the store they were robbing but one of them came down from the roof and started shooting. IRL I would have heard his voice not coming from inside, but rather up on the roof. 

Make sense?