Whitelist Server Petition

Kota

How many times can it be reworded until you understand.

The idea of a whiltelisted server appealed to me at first, after seeing the responses from the admins RE the logistical and technical difficulties, and the vision for the server, its obviously not something that is going to happen.

If you feel so strongly and passionately about it then great, you have had your voice heard. What more can really be achieved by nitpicking comments here and there? Its just petty.

2 minutes ago, Veronica Black said:

"Please don’t take this the wrong way, none of us want to see players leave. But whether you want to accept it or not, Badlands will live on with or without you." Speed 2018

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Veronica Black said:

"Please don’t take this the wrong way, none of us want to see players leave. But whether you want to accept it or not, Badlands will live on with or without you." Speed 2018

That is a fact for every single player in Badlands. Badlands is bigger than any one player or group of players. Don't twist the words around.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Veronica Black said:

Through this entire thread you seem to be pretty hard set in this idea that we somehow don’t care or want you to leave. That’s simply not true.

Badlands isn’t for everyone. No community is perfect for everyone. If you would be happier elsewhere, we want you to be there. We’re not telling you to leave, we’re telling you to find the place that gives you the experience you desire. If that’s not us, we understand. There are no hard feelings, and we’re not telling you to “fuck off” because you want more RP.

@BrandonM can vouch for me on this one. When he started his own community to build the RP experience he wanted, he had my full support.

Thats the thing @speed. We didnt say we wanted to leave. We openned with we like badlands and want to stay but we want more opportunity and wanted badlands to be the place for that. 

You are the one who said go somewhere else. Thats dismissive and actively states how little you care about the players who only suggested an improvement. 

Im fine with being told no. 

Im not fine with the "if you dont like it get out" narrative that youve glued yourself to. 

I can understand the feeling a lot of pro-whitelisters but I feel like whitelists, splitting the server etc is totally the wrong way to go about it. I strongly believe that if you want to raise the quality of RP on the server the best way of going about it is to lead by example. That is, creating fun, engaging RPs and getting both old and new players involved.

For example, when I first joined the server I had never played on an RP server before, I was a very casual RPer and pretty cancerous too at times. It wasn't till I met people who had really interesting RPs, who engaged with me even though I was new that I started to realise the cool things you can do with RP and I think I became a better player because of it.

It's not easy but I feel like that's the kind of thing you need to do if you want to raise the standard of RP on the server, rather than closing the door to the "other" players, perhaps something we should push as a community instead?

• Like 7

Just read please what @Merr Khan said. Proper RP has to be 100% organic!

Ever since i started to play here, some may even remember, i raged at random people walking up to me and just started talking to me like if its natural. By now i accepted and has been told many times, that BadlandsRP™ will never be like that. Now im not familiar whit your character much, but look into yourself. Are you really up to that standard? Is any of us? Most of the scenarios we play out here are scripted out of character, for the sole purpose of involving the police and without any real reason for us to do! (store robberies, murdering your pal you hang out with 24/7, kidnapping officers) Who the hell would rob a grocery store with a supercar?

I think we all need to evaluate ourselves before we can claim that we are better at RP than the rest of the population.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Fat Stacks said:

I can understand the feeling a lot of pro-whitelisters but I feel like whitelists, splitting the server etc is totally the wrong way to go about it. I strongly believe that if you want to raise the quality of RP on the server the best way of going about it is to lead by example. That is, creating fun, engaging RPs and getting both old and new players involved.

For example, when I first joined the server I had never played on an RP server before, I was a very casual RPer and pretty cancerous too at times. It wasn't till I met people who had really interesting RPs, who engaged with me even though I was new that I started to realise the cool things you can do with RP and I think I became a better player because of it.

It's not easy but I feel like that's the kind of thing you need to do if you want to raise the standard of RP on the server, rather than closing the door to the "other" players, perhaps something we should push as a community instead?

You have a valid and well presented point. I think all that people are asking is more for protection of the RP, but they dont want to impact the light RP that people enjoy  

I may be confused but don't we already have serious RP? I mean every step you take away from Legion Square is a step toward more serious RP.

The great thing about a light RP open server is this, you can chatroom it up at legion on Monday, be a cop on Tuesday, and on Wednesday you can stick your head in a hole in the middle of nowhere and RP your ass off..... 

The freedom you get from the Light RP rules allows for us to be creative. 

And when other people don't understand, comprehend, or acknowledge your RP. Just find someone, or somewhere else in the city to showcase your skill....

Personally I switched to using my phone to give locations or detail (regarding med+ RP events) to people, this way if they turn out to be a turd sandwich I can ignore them, and find someone else. 

• Like 3

What makes badlands appealing to me is the varying levels of RP that can all take place at the same time, if I just want to come in and chill with some people and relax after a long day of work I can do that, if I want to get involved in a deeper more complex scenario I can do that aswell or even both in the same play session. Having both servers available to do this to help mitigate ques for this type of play is awesome I would hate to have to wait for a 2hr long que for the times I just want to come in the city and relax with some friends or vice versa.

• Like 3

I think you both have valid points. And part of the issue ive run into personally is starting story lines with people  getting into deep RP and when things dont go their way they break character and say "its light RP i dont have to play with you" and ruin a perfectly good RP and putting unfillable gaps in story lines.

And after the level of effort i put into my RP when im trying thats really sucky... 

Personally, I think the issue here now is that words are being twisted. Instead of debating on the matter and understanding another person's point of view and reasoning, people are responding with aggression. For example, @speed clearly stated that BadlandsRP will not become a heavyRP server for some simple valid reasons. And after wishing for people to find a server that makes them happy if their choices are upsetting anyone, his words get twisted around to something way harsher and unreasonable. Most of us are adults, he could have simply said "fuck off" if that was truely his intentions. But, it wasn't. Instead of asking for clarification, automatically it's taken as a harsh statement and met with snarkiness and aggression. That alone is disrespectful. I understand that some if you may want a change, and even though I don't agree to said changes, I support your right to voice your opinion. What I don't support is the snarky bickering and attitude that is written in some of these comments, from the people WANTING the change. How is that going to help your cause? As advanced RPers, shouldn't you be the level headed ones willing to discuss the situation without riling up the entire group and offending people?

It was never my intention for this to blow up into such an aggressive thread. Ultimately it was just to gauge the interest in a whitelisted server. But since it is not something that will happen maybe shifting towards a way to better improve all of RP no matter the level a person considers themselves at should be the route we take now. 

Basically guys and gals....

3861cee0d9bd600e9e620f120349c5e8ab579a92

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly if more people would exhibit selfLESS rp vs selfISH rp this wouldn't even be an issue. But a lot of folks seem to care more about THEIR experince than others. I personally RP to entertain whomever I come across. I don't RP to make myself laugh. I do what I do to give others a good experience. If only more people could be like that. *shrug*

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, AtomicGinger said:

Honestly if more people would exhibit selfLESS rp vs selfISH rp this wouldn't even be an issue. But a lot of folks seem to care more about THEIR experince than others.

This. It should be made clear to new players who are new to RP as well that it's not "a game" where you have to always win. If you just step out of that "comfort zone" of "winning" and try to "lose", you'll notice how much fun it actually is if you just go with the flow of the scenario.

• Thanks 1

I'm very new to the RP at all. Started my game play on FiveM few days ago and  my only server is here - Badlands...

Anyway....

I barely had the nerves to read the whole thing but i got the point. Some people wants to play on Medium/High RP. okay i understand your demands and etc. But hey there are new players around. As far as i got the idea of 2 servers is that the second server start at some specific time to handle more people to the community at peaks since one server with 32 slots its not enough for everyone.

Let's imagine that the community admins separate the 2nd server and make it Medium or Heavy RP. What will happen then? I'll tell you as newbie.... I won't have the nerves to wait queue of 10/10 just to enter the Server 1 because Server 2 is Medium and my RP experience is not enough... that will make me quit the whole thing and i won't come back anymore because i can't enter long enough to get pissed off. I can bet that i'm not the only one that will be like that. 

I have nothing personal against you guys that you want medium or high rp server... but as i mentioned above... newbies will just leave the community because of lacking slots to play on.

Also you sound like the vegans with their idealism that if they are vegans the rest of the world should also be vegans.... it doesn't work that way.

Again, i do not have anything personal against you and your demands but  i understand clearly that the Badlands is the way it is for good and for reason.

I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm just giving my opinion about how i see the situation.

I deeply apologize if my english is bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WL would be great but I don't personally think it would fit with BL. As myself I tried numerous occasions to heavy RP with people and received dm's of them complaining that i'm too rough and asking if this is all IC. If people would want to heavy RP there are several other WL servers for that. From what I've been told when I started in January this is a light RP server and the intent was to make it a comfortable server to RP in. Making it WL feels like it cause more issues and the few people that want it will be a waste of a server. There is no stopping people from being able to have more serious RP sessions but like I stated when trying i've received complaints and threats ooc.

Edited by errorlink
  • Like 3

I guess I will put in my own opinion at this point. I have not been part of this community for very long but I have been in-love with RP for many years- That being said, I have met some very RP immerse people as well as many chill RP'rs here. Yeah it can suck when you are new and trying to get connected and find the medium set RP or group of people to RP with. There is many of us that can be timid at first or perhaps intimidated by the veteran players because they expect a certain heavy set RP that you have not been used to yet, based of course of a scenario you have just jumped into.

I have met allot of people on here that never even Rp'd before and want to get better at it, so I mean why not help them get better? Perhaps instead why not use a thread or a campaign to involved all these people interested in immersing themselves in some Medium set RP, make them part of a plot, or give them some roles they would enjoy being part of. After all this is a community. No one is forced into anything and no one should be.

One of the reasons I enjoy Badlands is because of the people here, the friendliness and helpfulness that has been offered from day one. No one wants to be part of a hostile environment, after all this is a game and many of us come in here to get away from RL.    

I am always willing to help anyone make their stories happen, I think everyone's creativity and stories they come up with should be told. I think there is many people on here that would be willing to be part of any story they can immerse their character in, thus being light, medium of heavy RP. We are given the platform to do it, its up to us to make it happen even if it's WL or Not. ❤️

*nibbles on fingers nervously*

Edited by Zatanna
  • Like 4

The server is great and I really appreciate being able to play here. My english during my roleplay is fine but I've been on a few whitelisted servers and noticed how hard it gets for me and my english to get through a whitelist interview where they throw random questions about the rules and what-would-you-do questions. WIthout reading everything, just the title I do not like the idea of havin just whitelisted servers but maybe whitelisted ones and a locked one like some other servers do. ALso I was in a few communities that ran crazy good and after they changed to a whitelist the server died out quickly because there weren't much new people and the old ones got banned or left because they had everything and got bored and I wouldnt like to see that happening here too.