Tow Suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Add impound lots in Sandy and Paleto while you're at it, no real reason for the only one to be at the Sheriff's office down in Davis; in all likelihood, when a tow is called in the county, they'll take it to an impound lot in the county since they'd probably be a separate company to the LSSD's towing service.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2018 at 5:00 PM, Storrent said:

Add impound lots in Sandy and Paleto while you're at it, no real reason for the only one to be at the Sheriff's office down in Davis; in all likelihood, when a tow is called in the county, they'll take it to an impound lot in the county since they'd probably be a separate company to the LSSD's towing service.

Not likely to happen with how the system is setup.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to bump this. 

On 11/4/2018 at 3:24 PM, Serpico said:

I understand no impound and such.

Could we add a job center (or just towtruck clock in somewhere up there, like they can at shops maybe) in Sandy Shore? And Paleto perhaps too? I'd at least like to see one in Sandy if possible for workers that head explode.
No need for an impound up there. The one we have is just fine in my opinion.

With every good idea comes a way to abuse it. People would just clock into mechanic to fix their own car then clock back out if it were made more easily available. Until I realized this I was going to suggest that there be a circle at each mechanic for mechanics to clock in and work there, but civilians would abuse that. Maybe some sort of clock in/off timer but not sure how well that would work either. Agreed though that not everyone hangs out in the city all day/everyday and the north could use some love somehow.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/4/2018 at 4:24 PM, Serpico said:

It has been a year (kinda) since this was brought up.. is there anyway this can be reconsidered? There's nothing worse then crashing or losing connection and having my vehicle poof away and to get it back having to go down to the city to get it back. 

Depending on the situation I think having at least one more impound lot around in the city will benefit greatly with more tow delivery spots and vehicle retrieve spots simply due to the fact of how far you have to travel to get the vehicle back.

Long time listener, first time caller. 

One way around the abuse could be to log when a user clocks in and out and also possibly record the number of repairs they carry out during their time, that way we will get to see/work out

1. See if someone clocks in, repairs a single/couple of vehicles and then clocks out

2. See if someone is clocking in as a mechanic and not repairing/towing vehicles. 

Then issue warnings/bans if a player is abusing the system. 

Personally I love towing, Big Red's towing truck loves nothing more than working with the cops and impounding these street thugs and their fancy cars... but it's so heartbreaking when it doesn't work :( 

What about it doesn't work?  Is the abuse you're talking about people clocking in to tow just to repair their own cars? 

3 hours ago, Redplague said:

One way around the abuse could be 

it's so heartbreaking when it doesn't work :( 

7 minutes ago, HydraPlz said:

What about it doesn't work?  Is the abuse you're talking about people clocking in to tow just to repair their own cars? 

Usually even after the latest patch it doesnt always want to go on the back of your truck wich forces the tow driver to fix the car so they can drive themselves or if its a local car called by the cops they have to state impound the car wich kinda ruins the rp moment the tow and the cop had. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Would there be a way especially with onesync to allow tow truck drivers to be able to open a vehicle to just sit inside of it for both civ & local as without being able to do so a vehicle will not load onto the tow truck, Not only would this allow for vehicles to be towed more, But also add to the rp side of the tow truck driver checking steering / locking it to be towed properly for on flat bed or ie wheel dolly. 

Also another idea is there away to add a tow truck with a boom and cables rather then just the flat bed, Ie for bigger vehicle's to be towed realistically (working on the same mechanic's as the flat bed however unless it is tagged it cant just be picked up on the hook randomly)

Would there also be a chance to add lights to the trucks just to add to the rp of stuff without messing with the ai ie emergency reactions. 

Also perhaps adding ie one new truck ie boom and hook, As well as flat bed to were we can use the winch's & cable's to be used to attempt to roll a vehicle onto its wheels as they will also not tow if they are not on there wheels, Would help with the mechanic's of making a tow happen, But would also give more options to add to the rp side of things.

Also away for tow truck drivers clock in from say the Paleto licence place seperate from mechanic's ie for when a head explodes up north. As well as Tow truck drivers clocking in separately from mechanic's as a separate job all together. 

• Like 1