Burglar jobs?

37 minutes ago, Serpico said:

This sounds a lot (if not the same) as what they have in nopixel. Do you have any ideas of what we can do that would be unique to badlands and not a copy?

I didn't know they had this in no pixel, I have only been in badlands honestly. I was just thinking of what we had and could use. Suppose I can start looking at no pixel streams to see exactly what they have so we can make it unique? I was honestly just going with what we had I  hoped of something easy to make with the mechanics the devs have already put in place. I work tonight, but I will get some research as to what they have there, and see what we can do to make it unique. Was just trying to limit the coding that I know nothing of 

Edited by Connor O'Shea
  • Like 2

I can confirm the NoPixel version uses a teleport into a location system of a copy of Micheals house. And it has a sneak mechanic that you have to be silent and crouch around the location and search the rooms. There is no auto notification of police unless you are too loud (Move to quick around the location) The one @Connor O'Shea is suggesting is similar but very different and imo better mechanics wise than NoPixels. As it allows for more risk vs reward then the easy NoPixel version with how he suggested alerting the police and the use of lockpicks would work. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 5

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, Flori said:

I wouldn't make it a job option at the center, more like you suggested, something similar to wine. At the entrance of the property or hidden somewhere, you start the "robbery mission", and then you see the markers. So people RPing that they leave there don't have to see them unless they start the mission themselves.

Maybe not even put markers at all, let them be invisible so the burglars have to search and find the valuable stuff.

I like this 

That was odd, wouldn't let me edit or delete that last reply. but, @Serpico I have looked at some google stuff on the home invasions if what I saw is anything compared to what no pixel is using with a teleport inside homes as @Kota Taylor has suggested, then what I am suggesting is actually unique to badlands in the fact that 1: we will be using the already open homes that players can use. 2: we will be using mechanics already set in place by the badlands staff I.E. the roaming arrow mechanic in the grape fields, the random loot method of the scuba missions, and the clock in/out methods of winery and the blast mines, which will allow the arrows only to show when clocked in at that location and having just a limited amount of them, the player will need to clock back in after those have been looted by them, or if they leave the area due to being pursued, giving the home a 5-10 minute cooldown before anyone else can rob it. 3, an alert system where the police will have a chance to be alerted in cheaper housing areas and they definitely will be alerted in the richer homes for the higher risk vs reward. 4, the players will HAVE to sell those items only at a player owned store to "Pawn" these items causing more push and emersion with the RP on the players perspective. 

Again, I am unsure what other servers have because I started GTA V RP with badlands and love it here. so any ideas/suggestions come from what I have seen here to use the mechanics put in by our devs. I also do not know anything about coding to get any of this in here, however, I am willing to learn and help out with the work that needs to be put in, that just involves someone taking the time to teach me how to get those things done. I believe that this will not only improve our roleplay on the server, it will add a new style of roleplay and allow other characters/players to add to who they are or not. For my character, Connor would never rob a house, it just isn't who he is or apart of his back story. Thank you for your time and I appreciate the interests from everyone in the community.

On 11/7/2018 at 2:20 PM, Serpico said:

This sounds a lot (if not the same) as what they have in nopixel. Do you have any ideas of what we can do that would be unique to badlands and not a copy?

Can we call it the "NoPixel Home Invasion Script" when we're done coding it? For exclusivity purposes...