Dirty Money Use/Change

Serena

39 minutes ago, Bubba said:

it wouldnt make much sense he not accepting clean money, but i do like the idea that he accepts both, maybe 10% more if it is dirty.

I would say 10% if it is clean. Clean is convenient. Dirty is not. Now there would be a reason for civs to carry/keep/even BUY dirty money from other civs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Serena said:

I would say 10% if it is clean. Clean is convenient. Dirty is not. Now there would be a reason for civs to carry/keep/even BUY dirty money from other civs.

i see youre point, im just speaking from a realistic point of view, where in the real world dirty money is not more valuable or desireable, nobody would get into the drug world just to get tons of dirty money, dirty money is a problem seeing it from the criminal view. 

But that you should be able to use it to buy illegal stuff im toatlly suporting that idea.

• Like 1

Doing illegal jobs does not give us purely dirty money, we get both, with the ratio heavily being in clean money's favor. I think there should be a reason why people would seek to buy illegal weapons vs legal weapons (perhaps a switchblade deals much more damage than a knife, not sure if it does, but just using this for arguing point), they could be pretty cheap in comparison to other weapons since we're using dirty money (because of how the economy is in obtaining it) and not let clean even touch those illegal weapons.

I'm not sure if some items should be exempt to allow newbies the chance to do illegal things without requiring having dirty money beforehand, or if people need to get creative and RP out the ways to obtain dirty money by seeking out those who have the ability to get some. Something to think about... Probably would lean towards being noob friendly, but there's more interaction and excitement when people have to get talking to each other and risk putting trust in someone they shouldn't, etc.

I also think allowing clean money to buy illegal weapons negates the entire purpose: more risk, more reward. Have to have dirty money now in some way instead of just cleaning it. Can get caught, so you need to be smart. Imagine groups that learn how to really do this properly having a large quantity of dirty money and being able to sell it at a higher value in clean money than the actual $ it is worth, since it is rarer and harder to get. I think it would be awesome.

In it's current state, all we do with dirty money is clean it, I think there should be more use of it and allow criminals the opportunity to be smarter and more careful about moving product. For me, dirty money isn't as precious as clean right now, losing $15k of it means nothing in comparison to $15k of clean just due to the process it takes in cleaning.

Edited by Serena
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I agree with @Storrent While it was good on paper and worked for a while, stores have gone stale and people are just sitting there with heaps amount of dirty money unable to do anything with it. I feel like we should be able to do it at Green stores as well or at least at the Black market as I know the admin team don't wanna do the whole laundry mat thing.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Reuben ~ Reckonity said:

people are just sitting there with heaps amount of dirty money unable to do anything with it.

That's not entirely true most wait 15-30 min prior to storm and launder millions with the snap of a finger thru the business

2 minutes ago, Reuben ~ Reckonity said:

Ain't RP'ing if they're doing stuff like that. A change is definitely needed

I agree and I'm sure it wasn't originally intended for millions to be done that way but there ya have it

Edited by Thorgs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thorgs said:

That's not entirely true most wait 15-30 min prior to storm and launder millions with the snap of a finger thru the business

which is what kills RP instantly.... some of us are actually trying to do the laundry business right... taking dirty money and giving fake invoices and stuff... we have a whole system to launder the money through the stores, but why would they do it with us when they can just rent a store and price a cigarette for 200K without paying any fees?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flori said:

which is what kills RP instantly.... some of us are actually trying to do the laundry business right... taking dirty money and giving fake invoices and stuff... we have a whole system to launder the money through the stores, but why would they do it with us when they can just rent a store and price a cigarette for 200K without paying any fees?

Yeah, i'd maybe suggest price ranging items, but that would probably require heaps amount of unwanted code. Just feel like someone putting up a Fishing rod for $1 million is ridiculously exploiting the system so you don't have to do that much work.