Stress Bar.

Right, so my suggestion is to add a new bar next to your food and water to resemble stress. Stress can come from many things out in the big world but to fit here I had the idea maybe if you take a certain amount of pain or you are in the limping state for to long after being revived by EMS this bar would increase. The higher this bar gets the more stressed your character is. Your character might be at a loss of breath, resulting in running slower or having a lower amount of stamina.

The way you would be able to go and fix this would be by relieving the stress somewhere you can go to do yoga. 

Current Bar

New Concept

Edited by George Cahill
  • Like 4

I don't fancy the idea of having a meter showing how my character should be feeling. He could very well be a composed dude, or have a high level of pain tolerance. Reliving stress would be different for everybody, and no amounts of server mechanics could cover every way a person would let off steam. This seems like an idea that would have to be called something else and treated/lowered/relieved/etc. in a different way than how you're suggesting due to how personal it would be for each person.

• Like 4

I would love to see somthing like that. The lifestyle your character live should reflect on your characters condition. If you smoke 20 cigarettes a day and drink only soda then you might get condition where your character coughs a lot or cannot run as far as he/she goes out of breath. If you live healthy lifestyle and dont get shot everyday, your character should be at peak preformance. Could also add some clinic where EMS can treat for certain types of exhaustion/stress ect conditions.

If we are talking about adding bars that show different attributes I’d personally prefer starting with a STAMINA bar first. Sadly while the stress bar could be a cool and interesting idea I just feel within a few days of adding it most people will just find the “Less Stress Lifestyle Meta” and change their character accordingly. 

• Like 2

I am on the fence, there are plenty of player who RP fatigue, stress, and injuries with out server mechanics forcing them. 

unfortunately this minority of good RP'ers means we have to adjust the server to match the majority of players, who power-game. 

I would love to see a stamina bar, that can be built up by running, and lost when you dont use it, so unlike strength which only gets lost on death, stamina should be something that needs to be maintained. IE: go running once a day.....

players who drive EVERYWHERE should not be able to run as fast and as long as another player who walks and runs everywhere.  

players who are constantly committing crimes should have ooc stress about getting caught, or getting robbed. sadly they don't bring this in character. 

this can go both ways, cops getting in a shootout would be just as stressful as the criminals shooting back. Or when cops do a raid, the anticipation of getting in a shootout would make my hands shake.

im not a fan of the Nopixel comments, just cause one server does it, doesn't mean another one can't do it better.   

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 2

@Merr Khan Now that you mention decaying stamina, should do the same with strength.

Way I see it working would be.. first to increase the max aptitude value from 105 to maybe 120 to allow for decay when level 6.
Failure to maintain strength (not going to the gym or lack of strenuous activity) will result in dropping random items (same mechanic as trashing but forced, able to be recovered) at a slow rate. It encourages people not to carry 60/60 kg's all the time, adds immersion and gives people something to do. 

Though in order to make that work, the aptitude system would have to be reworked too. Possibly increasing inventory space by 0.5kg at a time as opposed to 10kg?

P.S. this would exclude seized illegals.