Idea's for the new Hardcore Whitelist Server.

6 hours ago, Mia said:

When it was introduced in a community meeting, my understanding was that u were knocked out for the season, as in a month plus. Not a session/storm.

That's the sort of idea. We're still working it all out and likely need to have another staff meeting about it. I do agree about numbers. Perhaps the default can be that they are turned off, and you must cue them on, and everyone will know you're doing so when you have.

On 4/11/2019 at 10:58 PM, speed said:

A few things I want to make clear -

1. Mechanically, the HARD server will not be significantly different from the main server. There will be small changes, mostly surrounding value of life, prices etc, but the mechanics themselves will be the same. This may mean that mechanical changes also come to the main server at some point, but it’s not guaranteed. Supporting two different builds of the server is unsustainable, and we’re not going to split the code base by developing features for one server (especially as significant as you’re describing) and not make them available on the others.

2. Limited lives is happening. For those of you that have been here from the beginning, you know why I’ve always been against a “hardcore” server. Our objective is to build something completely unique, not to copy what every other “hardcore” server is doing by forcing RP with arbitrary rules. The goal is to create a server where the quality of the RP is a natural result of the environment, the difficulty and risk each player experiences. 

I believe that we can achieve that goal by manipulating the most basic desire of our players: the desire to play. And by making death the ultimate risk, each decision you make will be so much more important. That’s why we’re branding this as “Badlands HARD”.  Because it’s not just about hardcore RP. It’s about risk.

3. This will take time. At first, the HARD server will be nearly identical to the main servers, largely relying on rules and basic mechanics. That’s part of the point of seasons. As we analyze how people are playing, we can learn and make adjustments to the mechanics as needed, to achieve the goals mentioned above.

Want to say, anyway we could potentially see the payments from everything decrease by a lot so it doesn't take a full 3 days to get a XA-21 and more on the lines of a Comet Retro Classic - $213k

1 hour ago, Reuben ~ Reckonity said:

Want to say, anyway we could potentially see the payments from everything decrease by a lot so it doesn't take a full 3 days to get a XA-21 and more on the lines of a Comet Retro Classic - $213k

Why would we make the fastest, most expensive car in the game obtainable in a matter of a couple hours?

19 hours ago, speed said:

Why would we make the fastest, most expensive car in the game obtainable in a matter of a couple hours?

Sorry, I worded that wrong, i'm actually trying to make it the opposite, I know people who have been getting XA's or super cars after like 3 days of grinding, the economy is simple and I feel like everything should be dialed down by prices except for cars and other items.

Edited by Reuben ~ Reckonity
  • Like 1