Washing Dirty money is gunplay before roleplay.

Every single time I've opened a store I've done it in tandem with an exotic car rental service. All except for one time the cops came in 3 strong and it ended in a uncontested store raid in under 5 minutes everytime.

There's no reason for me to put any effort into RPing in this scenario because in the end I will be a money laundered who's charged 8k + loss of Dirty money. 

My suggestion is a reworking in the way police approach stores: One officer checks in on it and depending on how the RP goes down, i.e. if the store owner can explain why the IRS has reported the store, then maybe they just let the store be. If he decides it's a criminal operation then he should have to go to MRPD himself, or at least give the criminals a chance to do something.

As it stands as soon as the cops show up I either A. Immediatelly take hostages and shoot to kill or B. Surrender and lose 8k+dirty money. - I've chosen option B everytime because I'm not there just to pvp.

I've not even had the chance to RP at all in any of the scenarios because the cops try to instantly get to the back room and perform a search of the store, then they radio to MRPD. 

The way it works now is forcing it to be extremely narrow limited RP, and really not even RP just gunplay.

Edited by ToddMurphy
  • Like 6

i feel like cops shouldnt just be alerted the instant dirty money is being laundered, there should be some sort of investigation that happens before hand, or something similar to how the illegal informant works for meth vans to get pings on possible money laundering operations.

Agreed. I used to buy drugs off of people in bulk and sell it so they dont have the risk of selling and i dont have to deal with manufacturing. Basically the only profit i was making was the dirty money though. Even though its faster to clean than when it was originally changed from the old system its still not worth it so i really dont even sell drugs anymore. Atleast give us the option to use our dirty money in other ways (blackmarket/illegal gun store).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Richie said:

i feel like cops shouldnt just be alerted the instant dirty money is being laundered, there should be some sort of investigation that happens before hand, or something similar to how the illegal informant works for meth vans to get pings on possible money laundering operations.

They aren't, and there is.

• Like 1

I agree with this post. Even trying to be extremely smart with how you clean money there is still a stupid chance of getting raided. And when getting raided, there are a lot of cops that instantly just go direct to raiding the store and go to a protective position with as many cops  as they can possibly get.  There is little RP and a lot of the time the cop/s are turning the scene into a hostile one.

There dose need another change to cleaning money.

I  can not speak for other business owners, but with my business, are Cocaine Leaves sales have dropped massively to the range of 80 to 90%, and Yeast sales have not really go up in turn. We used to also buy up dirty money with a 10% fee and then maybe launder it once a week. Now we do not really even consider buying up dirty money.

I do agree that the old system was broken, but sadly the Risk to clean it is far to high and the reward to the risk is now far to low.

I have said to some of my friends that I would like to just be able to open a store, and post Items such as Diamonds, Cold coins, and other stuff you can get from diving and then sell them at Retail prices. that way then can then go and sell the items for less then what they bought it for for clean money. It would be more like what someone would do in Real lifeish to make their money look more legitimate to the IRS.

What I think should cause a trigger for the cops to raid the store is when people go and inflate the prices past normal retail prices to make it so that can have a higher intake of dirty money. i.e. if you get greedy you get caught. I want a system that if you are smart about it you have a really low chance of getting caught.

Edited by keebler_mfn_elf
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, keebler_mfn_elf said:

if you get greedy you get caught. I want a system that if you are smart about it you have a really low chance of getting caught.

I think this is already in place. I have experimented with cleaning money, and I almost found out a perfect method without being caught. But as soon as I hit around 45k cleaned in total, that's when the police starts showing up. This has happened to me several times, and it's always around that marker. Which probably means it's before that number I get caught, and they take some time to get there.

The system is still unknown to the public on how it works, so it's hard to judge it based on hardly any facts. I never have trouble with police unless I sell diamonds for 100k+ and just mass-clean. If I do smaller quantities I hardly get caught, and if and when I do, I already have most my stuff cleaned.

Be smart, be patient and take your time.

Correct me if I'm wrong: Even how smart we are about cleaning, a police officer can still manually check a store to see if there's illegal transactions, right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chan Wong said:

Correct me if I'm wrong: Even how smart we are about cleaning, a police officer can still manually check a store to see if there's illegal transactions, right?

Incorrect. They need to be notified of a suspicious transaction to check.

That said, even being smart about your laundering does carry a very small chance of being reported. Perhaps the numbers need to be a little more forgiving, but being smart and patient with your laundering is definitely in your best interest.

• Like 2

I mean it's funny but also not, meaning you all say cops dont RP it but maybe its a page out of your criminal book that you all do when you rob stores?: LSPD - what's going on in there? Robber - oh nothing I'm just broke and have to rob this store I want you cops across the street or i'll kill the hostage ( most likely his/her friend ) when the robbery is over we want to leave with FREE passage. So guess it goes both ways???? So we take defensive stance knowing owner+ can come in to try and stop it. Should there be some better RP? Yes, and that goes for both.... and it's up to officer discretion if its RP to let it go and no one gets arrested or fined. It's not scripted in our SOP to tell the officer how to RP it they have to figure that out on their own.

Speed gave you some hints and sounds like Chang is definitely on the right track. But if you all dont do the work to figure it out as Chang seems to have then continue with the post but it's only been a few weeks since the change and your already restless to make more changes and or more more to your pockets. Do I have a perfect solution for you on the RP? I don't! some officers do things differently and remember this is a public server so new officers come and go and some have better RP than others

• Like 2

I agree with maybe tweaking some numbers @speed but @Chan Wong has the right idea.
Like with everything there is a sweet spot, this is the point of minimal risk. I salute anyone that goes trough trial and error to figure that out. ( pls share the info when you do! ;P)

In response to @Thorgs. It definitely depends on who you meet. Some people are better at handling particular situations or keeping up with certain levels from others.
It works both ways. I have seen comments towards our city services not being up to some standards people look for.
But I have also seen EMS arrive on a scene where a guy fell of a building, filled with bullet holes. Saying 'bumped my elbow, everything is honky dory, just pick me up.'

Both sides will meet all kinds of levels. That's an open city. But it also has a lot of benefits ;)
I am sure we can find ways to improve in this, we always do. Thanks to everyone here, keep those ideas coming.

It's also on the mind of staff at the moment. So that's exciting.
Thank you @Serena to responding to this topic and letting us know!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thorgs said:

I mean it's funny but also not, meaning you all say cops dont RP it but maybe its a page out of your criminal book that you all do when you rob stores?: LSPD - what's going on in there? Robber - oh nothing I'm just broke and have to rob this store I want you cops across the street or i'll kill the hostage ( most likely his/her friend ) when the robbery is over we want to leave with FREE passage. So guess it goes both ways???? So we take defensive stance knowing owner+ can come in to try and stop it. Should there be some better RP? Yes, and that goes for both.... and it's up to officer discretion if its RP to let it go and no one gets arrested or fined. It's not scripted in our SOP to tell the officer how to RP it they have to figure that out on their own.

Speed gave you some hints and sounds like Chang is definitely on the right track. But if you all dont do the work to figure it out as Chang seems to have then continue with the post but it's only been a few weeks since the change and your already restless to make more changes and or more more to your pockets. Do I have a perfect solution for you on the RP? I don't! some officers do things differently and remember this is a public server so new officers come and go and some have better RP than others

First of all I really haven't the slightest clue how the RP of something else entirely has any relevance to this discussion.

Secondly it's not about the money. A lot of people have posted about how not to get caught or how to try and avoid getting caught. If that's the route everyone wants to go I guess go for it

Cleaning dirty money atm is 120k per hour which surpasses everything else but I'm interested in the RP.

In it's current form there is no RP only a reverse robbery.

You clearly seem to agree that store robberies are not very exciting, so then surely you must agree that the way store raids are handled is not exciting either.

I'd rather sell an item for a huge dirty cash amount and then have cops come and then we actually RP the situation.

It seems everyone, yourself included, would rather have it setup such that we clean dirty money in secret and nobody knows we are doing it.

At this point why wouldn't I just scuba dive.

I'm worried the entire point of the original post has completely been lost.

If it were about the money I wouldn't have bothered with this post. I've cleaned dirty money at 7am before, as many others have. That timezone frequently has no or 1 cop online.

It's so extremely easy to clean dirty money for the entire 6 hours.

Edited by ToddMurphy

On 6/8/2019 at 7:40 PM, Thorgs said:

LSPD - what's going on in there? Robber - oh nothing I'm just broke and have to rob this store I want you cops across the street or i'll kill the hostage ( most likely his/her friend ) when the robbery is over we want to leave with FREE passage. So guess it goes both ways?

+1 funny and relatable

• Like 2