DRUG SELLING NEED BALANCING

Sifujo

So after spending the night finally trying this out my only suggestion would be to increase how much the locals buy at one time, i think the prices and rejection rate are fine. In my opinion locals should be buying 4-6 joints at a time rather then 1-3.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I personally think the prices for drugs are awfull, selling Meth is a high risk job and 1 meth goes for 147$, 1 High Quality FISH is 187$? Meth requires you to buy a RV 65k, Requires you to go on a danger place and gather, cook it on a RV and then sell it to locals all of this to make less money then Fishing? I mean even IRL this makes no sense. I like the server and all but the prices for the ilegal things are a joke, kinda breaks the game for new comers to, that try to make a group or some sort. The system is awsome but the prices are really bad, makes no sense at all.

Edited by domin

I completely agree with this thread. I have notice it as well with joints, at least making it 4-6 joints a local seems more  of a profit and realistic to me. After all you are risking it by selling it. It is really the only thing I'd want to see changed, but other than that, I think the whole system is great.

5 hours ago, Zatanna said:

I have notice it as well with joints, at least making it 4-6 joints a local

As @TiLLeR stated above " Soon " its just been over a month and information has been gathered to make some adjustments, Everyone has to realize things take time the economy isn't always perfect its evolving and please also realize the Staff has real-life jobs as well, they devote the time that they can when they have it. Its good to have the discussion but also just keep in mind IRL comes first and they try and take care of things when they can when its needed.

Edited by Thorgs
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, domin said:

I personally think the prices for drugs are awfull, selling Meth is a high risk job and 1 meth goes for 147$, 1 High Quality FISH is 187$? Meth requires you to buy a RV 65k, Requires you to go on a danger place and gather, cook it on a RV and then sell it to locals all of this to make less money then Fishing? I mean even IRL this makes no sense. I like the server and all but the prices for the ilegal things are a joke, kinda breaks the game for new comers to, that try to make a group or some sort. The system is awsome but the prices are really bad, makes no sense at all.

So why not go fishing?

Problem is if one job pays out at least 10% more per/hr then others, everybody and their grandmas will be out there doing it... cough cough Scuba diving... 

I am in favor of an increase to illegal payout depending on the # of police on duty. 

So my proposal is this - All illegal activity pays out according to the # of officers on duty.

IE: no cops on - get 100-140 for weed / 2 - cops on 140-180 / 4 - cops on 180-220 / 6 - cops on 220-260
(these are just examples of pay scaling any amount over current price would work) this would apply to meth selling as well. 

In this method Grinding illegal activity when there is no threat (cops) it is still possible, but less profitable.

Risk VS. reward. At the current time there is no reward for the added risk of additional officers being on duty, So the incentive is to avoid RP and sell when you don't see cops around in the city. 

With a scaled payout system It is more of an incentive to RP illegal activity when there is the other side of the law to RP with. And the profits will make it worth it.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

The money isnt what's frustrating it's the ratio that the cops get called, I dont mind grining selling to NPCs but the cops are on my ass ever 20 sales or so which literally makes no profit if not puts me in the hole for selling drugs, honestly everybody in the server should just make wine and just be boring because there's no reason to do anything else, I dont want to sound like I dont appreciate this server because what you guys have done is great but this needs a balence I know there's risks but jesus

Edited by Rekuf

You're focusing on money instead of the RP value that most jobs bring to the community. Drugs are one of the most balanced jobs, with alot of criminals finding ways how to not get caught, or greatly reduce the chance.

It sounds hards but simply, get better at drug dealing. Learn from your mistakes, change your tactics. Plenty of experienced criminals can tell you the same thing

• Like 1

I think it's fine how it is. I sold 50 cocaine in about half an hour if that. Just have to keep moving. The prices are great. I don't know why anyone things selling meth or cocaine is easy. Its not. Why would it be when rping? Have fun with it. Make it work. 

I sold an entire van of meth last night in less than an hour without getting caught. Be strategic, believe it or not, if youre paying attention to stuff happening in the city you can pretty much sell drugs without ever having a cop show up. Have a spotter and pick a strategic neighborhood to sell in. Theres lots of places a spotter can go and see entire neighborhoods to alert you of cops. Also i feel like a lot of newer people sell at the pier which i don't understand, theres basically one escape route. Find new neighborhoods and figure out which one works for you. Its all trial and error.

unfortunately the economy would not be fixed by making it faster or easier to grind, players would just have X% more money.

making items/cars/housing cheaper.. you would think this would help, but it just shortens the game.

everyone talks about creating RP but i feel as though the concept is lost.

what is required to RP:

1: A working mic

2: An active imagination

I did not forget anything, that is the entire list, notice money, cars, fancy clothes, and guns....... are not on that list. 

Simply put, stop looking for development to solve the lack of RP, stop grinding 24/7, stop buying cars you don't even like cause you think they go faster, stop trying to avoid RP.

Drug dealers talking to cops and dealing with getting arrested, or jailed is part of RP, if you don't like it get a job. 

If you are hear to Role Play, then you are not hear to Win, and Vice Versa.  

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

I feel like its not about the time it sell the drugs, but the money you make like hunting is the best way to make money but there's not a lot of risk like selling like it should be flipped between the two when you make more money selling and doing illegal activities than legal. I feel like that money you make legally to illegally should balance out more. 

8 hours ago, Paris Hill said:

I feel like its not about the time it sell the drugs, but the money you make like hunting is the best way to make money but there's not a lot of risk like selling like it should be flipped between the two when you make more money selling and doing illegal activities than legal. I feel like that money you make legally to illegally should balance out more. 

Opens up a 3 year Old thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2022 at 9:36 AM, Paris Hill said:

Staff know Drug balancing is a continuous project ...  as you can see,  the same issue happened 3 years ago and each and every job in the city is sometimes balanced up and down, illegal and legal , like a choreographed  symphony in tune of the economy , it is constant and it will never end

10 hours ago, Paris Hill said:

And ? there's a lot of these "old thread" people still talk on to suggest for the city.. so lmao im confused on your point ?

The issues of then are not the same as now.
now you collect twice as fast, rejects are few and far between. 
 I think selling to locals is in a fine spot, maybe Buff the drugs so we see more being sold to players.
I think with the hunting nerfs hunting is decent now its just safe money.

• 2 weeks later...

Lane how long have you been around :) Some of us have been here a long time ;)

Seems that you may not understand what we are trying to say  it all about the risk of the job, hunting is correct now, but the risk of selling drugs doesn't mount up the same for price of the products. For example selling 100 weed will take the same time to sell 100 coke?
YES - Work around could be that you can push weed at mutiple stages for example sell a Bag of weed instead of a single joint. Meaning that 100 weed becomes 50 weed and sales a quicker rate, weight still being the same thou.
OR
Make it that you can push more weed than coke, being able to supply 1-8  Class B but only 1-4 Class A Drugs, this would be based on the steet vaule of the drug.
Meth and Weed(All Forms) (Class B)
Coke(All Forms),PCP,LCD,Hero, (Class A)

My point of view is still that coke needs to be buffed here me out. when doing a deal the other night me and peter was chatting and thought it would be amazing if we could do a deal without money the first option was coke... but for the amount of money the deal was for we would have made a 100k Loss... this is not possible for us in RP right now as we need the money for event/jobs coming up.

I will be putting a request into admins about this as i've thought of something and would love to see drugs becoming a dealing point again instead of a local only item.

Time Played on only Badlands in the last 2 years = 4000 Hours ;)

Love Y'all
JJ
N.I.C

3 hours ago, JJRambow said:

Lane how long have you been around :) Some of us have been here a long time ;)

Seems that you may not understand what we are trying to say  it all about the risk of the job, hunting is correct now, but the risk of selling drugs doesn't mount up the same for price of the products. For example selling 100 weed will take the same time to sell 100 coke?
YES - Work around could be that you can push weed at mutiple stages for example sell a Bag of weed instead of a single joint. Meaning that 100 weed becomes 50 weed and sales a quicker rate, weight still being the same thou.
OR
Make it that you can push more weed than coke, being able to supply 1-8  Class B but only 1-4 Class A Drugs, this would be based on the steet vaule of the drug.
Meth and Weed(All Forms) (Class B)
Coke(All Forms),PCP,LCD,Hero, (Class A)

My point of view is still that coke needs to be buffed here me out. when doing a deal the other night me and peter was chatting and thought it would be amazing if we could do a deal without money the first option was coke... but for the amount of money the deal was for we would have made a 100k Loss... this is not possible for us in RP right now as we need the money for event/jobs coming up.

I will be putting a request into admins about this as i've thought of something and would love to see drugs becoming a dealing point again instead of a local only item.

Time Played on only Badlands in the last 2 years = 4000 Hours ;)

Love Y'all
JJ
N.I.C

I just Time Ratio’d

1 year and 3 months. Drugs definitely do not need to be sold in high quantities. You can offload 100 of any drug in 10-15 minutes if you find the locals. 

raise the pay if anything But the higher end drugs that take longer to make pay more so making the cheaper ones sell faster just basically makes it all the same. 

Cops have 15 minutes to hope you get a call so they can respond and get some RP out of it. By dumping 100 Weed in 7 minutes your just promoting the mindless drug grind.  

I can see drugs being sold in high quantities and single location working as long as there’s a couple of stipulations. A. It’s not a static location, and something needs to be completed to gain access to the location; B. The cops receive some sort of notification it’s going and given a hint into the right direction, it doesn’t need to be an exact point or and exact description of what’s going on.

Ive been here since 2017 and once i learned the heli that flys over grove was a local drugs became easy and boring. 

• 2 months later...

So I don’t see an issue with drug sales I constantly do deals with other players to sell in bulk and when I sell to npcs it is usually a couple of us just hanging out and chatting and I just sell to the npcs that walk by anyway. I hate constantly running from person to person and driving around and stuff real drug dealers are not running up and down the streets talking to every person they see. Plus I notice I don’t seem to get as many rejects doing it the way I do.