Public Housing

I love this idea. 

Something basic with no perks other than not living under a bridge would be nice and would be a good focal point for new people to meet each other and would turn into a roleplay hub sorta speak. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 4

There's countless places around the city that could be utilized for player housing, such a Grove, Jamestown, Vinewood/Rockford. I know we have apartments but theres only a few options and not really a place that can truly be considered a home. I would love to be able to own an apartment in Jamestown just to further enhance the RP of my character,

• Like 1

There are maybe 5 different threads suggesting this, I know I tried for a Jamestown apt awhile ago and it got shut down. Last I heard in Speed's stream in 2018 was that he had a long term housing overhaul idea in mind. Fingers crossed it includes low-income options!

• Like 7

Would absolutely love to see this, some kind of gritter apartment block area that's a more affordable housing option (that obviously doesn't look very nice, maybe has less storage, can only store 1-2 outfits? Would be cool if it organically became an RP spot especially for newer characters too (I'm still struggling to find folks to network and RP with, heh). 

• Like 1

I would love some low income housing, a nice big apartment doesnt fit everyone's RP. I honestly dont even care about the storage space or anything, i just want a trap house to meet people. I know that there is several open interiors that can be used for this but to have something of our own would be great.

• Like 1

I like the ghetto apartment on Hawick that No Pixel has for their folks....leads to lots of chances of meeting new folks, general interaction, and then of course the ability to have friends in your place hanging out.  Now I see recently the downside has been folks just loitering for the sake of content on their streams.  The PD on that server has been pushing ppl to get out of just loitering around so that they're living out lives.  Does seem cool though how that set up is.

• Like 1

+1 for this, really is time we do something about the homeless population in this city. 

I can see a small storage, like 10 kgs, and a water dispensing circle, at the toilet.  

Little things like this add so mush to QOL, and a nice way to make people feel at home, Even if they are new.   

• Like 8

On 3/28/2019 at 2:48 AM, BanjoBriggs said:

It doesn't make sense that you have to grind for days just to buy a house/apartment.

I disagree. I grind for 40 hours a week to pay for my apartment IRL.

I see where you're coming from though, and to some point I even agree. I would love to add lower tier housing, and even real houses, not just the apartments we have now. Unfortunately we are limited with space. Short of creating a way to "instance" players in these environments (even then, there will be issues), we don't currently have a way to support this.

• 1 month later...
Just now, iamrealchase said:

Would it be possible to add more housing upon removing things? I feel like lower end housing would be way more beneficial than 4 hospitals as far as RP goes a lot of cities only have one hospital. As well as lowering the amount of clothing stores. 

Those things are completely unrelated to housing.

yeah, to add housing they would have to perfect instancing. Im sure everyone is ready for houses from cheap to poor, from city to country, from north to south, from 1 story to 3 story, from 1 bathroom to 6 bedroom. Its endless, just gotta be patient