Engineer rework - Oil Rig Job

Kota

I really like this! Love the effort put into it.

I think it would be cool to sell the oil to businesses, and they can rent small refineries in which truckers will pull up to and buy it for transport. The buying could work similar to NPC's walking up and buying tacos. Civ truckers could buy it and transport it as well and resell at a location for a profit on their end as well. 

• Like 4

+1 I am always glad to see more jobs come along and I liked the idea a lot. Would also be great if this job could be connected to another job you could do. (Like you mentioned)

Helping the oil rig out could possibly be a more or a high end job, and more people can do it at the same time. Maybe it would help make the pay higher for trucking or even a separate job for transporting oil, so it’s a win win for both the oil rig workers and the transporters.

Maybe the transporters would either have to pick up the oil made (kinda like how items refill, like gold ore, cement, ephedrine, etc) and it’s the oil rig workers that fill it up by working. So the transporter either chooses to pick up a low amount of oil to transport, or sit and wait a little extra for their oil tank to be full before transport. The more it’s filled the better pay obviously.

maybe even allow business to rent out the oil rig for X amount of time so only business workers can work there, or a business can rent out a gas station and whenever people fill their gas there, the business gets a % paid.

Just some additional ideas to the original idea. 

10/10 would love to see implemented and tested out 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Thorgs said:

+1 bro love this idea

Kinda brings back Asylum's oil rig

It even looks similar. I hate it.

Kidding. I actually do like this idea. I'd be totally onboard for doing this, only issue is that I think the rig is way too close to shore, and in too shallow of water.

If someone (@Serpico ?) is willing to take this mod and move it into deeper water, and fix any issues that arise with that, I'll definitely add a job or two around it.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, speed said:

It even looks similar. I hate it.

Kidding. I actually do like this idea. I'd be totally onboard for doing this, only issue is that I think the rig is way too close to shore, and in too shallow of water.

If someone (@Serpico ?) is willing to take this mod and move it into deeper water, and fix any issues that arise with that, I'll definitely add a job or two around it.

❤️ Awesome