Whitelist Server Petition

Kota

Yet another large misconception.  Speed and Serpico, our Devs, have consistently said that even when 64 is released that it will be buggy and there will be a long transition period before it's adopted for our community.  It's a future solution but I would not classify it as 'nearterm'

So, I'm failing to see the real argument here. If you don't want to play on the medium server, play on the light server. Tiller, your cop RP is usually between medium and heavy RP anyway, and Autumn, you said it yourself, most of the people you encounter on the server are Medium RPers anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem either.  It seems like you guys are arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

I'm just trying to find a decent compromise for the players who find something lacking and the players who dont. So, instead of a full white listed server, just bump up S2 to a higher tier of RP. If someone is new and joins the second server, its our responsibility to nurture that person into the ability to play on that server. I do it all the time with S1. I meet new people, remain in character the whole time, and show them around the city. I phrase things to make them understand that we're in character here, and show them how to play the game and how to behave. I'd do the same thing regardless of the server I'm on.

Yeah... 64 players is not looking good. Players can't see other spawn vehicles. No AI at all. Oh and voice is not supported by FiveM and they keep repeating it in chat. So that may not be there, time will tell. I want 64 players, however let's not put all our eggs in that basket.

Time for my $0.02..... I am in favor of supporting more medium RP atmosphere, like what was stated previously, most of the consistent player community base is already at that level or above. But having 2 different set of rules for non-WL servers makes no sense.

To me the difference between Light & Med RP is simply a matter of staying in character or not, no matter what.  

Light rp is for beginners who may not understand that they need to consider other player's immersions before their own. (Something we ALL forget at times)

As far as understanding a particular servers mechanics/locations, even the best RP'ers take time to learn, But they understand staying in character is the most important part.

With that being said....

As to WL'ing this server, im not sure how many of you play on any WL servers, but here's the run down. 

I have been playing on a popular WL server for the last 3.5 hours this morning, (still on now). I have run into 2 people........ 2......... A taxi driver who i called when i spawned into the city, and a cop who i had to shoot and handcuff cause he wanted my buds. I feel most of you would not like the board-um that comes with serious RP servers. Were all RP most be completely organic or you get banned. Were you don't talk to a player next to you unless you have a reason to, or if you know them.

^ Not the atmosphere we are looking for.... trust me.  

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Brandon,

I hate confrontation but it's also my job to stand up for what I think is right for the community.  I love the setup we have.  I didn't instantly come to Badlands when a large number of my friends did.  I honestly shopped it for over a month before any of them knew I was here to make sure that it was the right fit for me, my personality, and my playstyle.  I value all levels of RP and am more than happy to support them.  I would become exhausted if I had to play hardRp all the time.. it doesn't fit my style.  I like to change things up from storm to storm and actually like the fact that there is a reset when the storms happen.

I have years of RP experience and rather than try to force a server or players to 'get on my level' I use my experience to enrich others and promote better RP.  I find Hardcore RP servers boring and stale.  It's just my personal opinion.  So I'm far from arguing that this is something we should do b/c I'm steadfast against it.

So to be clear:

1.  I personally do not support changing from Light RP
2.  I do not support forcing my RP opinions on any one
3.  I find many of the agreements in favor of the medium to hard rp to be hypocritical.  IE that person didn't follow my story line and disrupted my rp even though this all happened b/c I choose to interrupt somebody elses.
4.  I don't want to live in a world where I have to manage multiple conflicting rules per server.  I don't think it offeres anything to the greater community and I believe that it will lead to more problems
5.  For everyone one of you arguing for this change, I have 2 people messaging me who are against it.  Some people are not as extroverted or comfortable stating their opinions in a public thread but they are out there.

So I hope its' clear that I do not support this and am in no way arguing for it.  I'm not arguing for the sake of argument.  That is the most passive aggressive mannerto try to counter an argument against your opinion and doesn't work with me.

• Like 7

Again, we're not asking for a drastic change, we originally suggested an exclusive server for the more advanced roleplayers. We're not trying to force anyone to conform to anyone else's RP if they dont want to, we're just trying to create a space where those who do want that level of roleplay wont be interrupted by the general nature of light RP.  If it doesn't hurt anyone, what's the problem? Why is it such a big deal for us to have what we want while you still have what you want? Nobody is forcing anyone to play on a higher level server. You'll still have a light RP server.  So, let me address your points:

1) That's your right. However, I disagree and believe we should try to accommodate all styles of roleplay if possible.
2) As stated above, nobody is forcing anyone to play on a specific server, but in order for the server to progress, we need to be progressive in our ideas.

3) We're just looking for a level of role play consistent with remaining in character at all times and trying to do more than standing around in a chatroom with shiny graphics. I don't think that's too much to ask for.
4) Well then don't. Players on the Medium server are playing on there because they understand the rules of the servers and how RP works. It's going to require far less maintenance than you think, and most of the issues that do arise will simply come from breaking character.
5) For every one of you guys arguing against it, I have 4 signatures on a petition that want it.

I wasn't trying to be passive aggressive, it's just the way it seemed to me. Again, my question is, why cant we have both?

Edited by BrandonM

7 minutes ago, TiLLeR said:

See 3 posts above plus speeds original reply.  I don't feel like repeating myself.

That's a good way to further the conversation!

I asked because I wanted clarification.

Still fully failing to see how one large group wanting something that helps them out for the things that they're trying to accomplish affects anyone else, considering nobody is being forced to use one server or another.

@BrandonM man if you don’t get it at this point there’s not much clarification we can offer.

Communities don’t thrive by catering to the demands of large groups. They thrive by doing what’s best for the community as a whole. And what’s best for one large group may not be best for the community.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, none of us want to see players leave. But whether you want to accept it or not, Badlands will live on with or without you.

At some point you need to realize that you need to make sacrifices too. If you want to keep playing on our servers with the code, staff, and overall experience that we provide, you need to accept that you might have to live with slightly “lower quality” RP than you want. We are not going to splinter the community or create an experience that is confusing for players.

With all of that said, we’re willing to work with you to come up with ideas that would provide a better experience for you on the server, provided that it meets the goals we have for the community as a whole.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, BrandonM said:

Wasn't that from your thread when you suggested it before, Anton?

Did you change your mind because you think it's good the way it is, now?

It was a simple poll to see how many would be interested, i wasn't really fighting for it.

I changed my mind, because i had to realize: what many of us call Medium RP is actually not. @Merr Khan explained it pretty good. I would enjoy probably a more hardcore RP experience, but i wouldn't want it here. I like to just hang out sometimes, talk about IRL stuff too, but at the same time i can be Levi and go all in, nothing stops me from doing that.

• Like 2

You are not getting it Brandon. It just doesnt work.
The only way what you are asking would work is if one server is whitelisted:

If server isnt wl, then there is no way to prevent new random players from joining, or light RP players who dont want to do the queue in S1. Then you would pretty much just be doing what you are already doing.

Whitelisting: Even EEEEEEEEEEVEN if staff would want to go through the trouble of reviewing all applications to whitelist people there, that would imply an incredible amount of work to change or adapt pretty much all the processes and procedures that are already in place.. EMS, PD, server rules, forum rules, etc. (which by the way has been said 456874687451310541000 times its not gonna happen)

You say: why not? why not do what a group of people wants?
i say: why do it? why change the whooooole way of managing a server for a bunch of people who want something different, who want what's clear is not whats intended for this server? i just dont get it and i seriously don't understand why this has been brought up again.

All that being said. I am just a nobody, but I do feel there is more that can be done - communitywise - to sorta raise the level of RP, or to help people meet in game to have fun interactions with. Maybe this is a post for another thread :) Ideas about how the community can work together to engage in more fun, in depth situations.

Edited by Flori
finishing with a nice thought lol
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, BrandonM said:

If someone is new and joins the second server, its our responsibility to nurture that person into the ability to play on that server. I do it all the time with S1. I meet new people, remain in character the whole time, and show them around the city. I phrase things to make them understand that we're in character here, and show them how to play the game and how to behave. I'd do the same thing regardless of the server I'm on.

I dont see the difference from what we are trying to do right now on the current state of the servers. Alot of us, try to help and nurture those newcommers into being better RP'ers and "show them the ropes" so to speak. I dont see why we'll gonna need a whole different server just for the same thing we are doing right now. There will still be people that fucks up your RP anyway, even if we call it an medium RP server. There will always be that "one guy or girl" that's gonna mess your ideology of medium RP.

• Like 2

Tbh it doesnt even matter. I could go light RP or heavey RP and have fun. 

Its just thoroughly disappoints me to see admins tell the community members how little they matter and that if they dont like it they can get out.

It was a suggestion to try and improve the commuity for some without effecting the light RP environment others enjoy.

And all thats come of it was a giant F U to the people trying to improve this commuity. 

And the snarky comments that rang in from someone who would have been entiely unaffected by a change like this was supported by admins. Thats pretty messed yo.

If you werent gonna miss us anyways. Then how would it have splintered the comunity to separate us from the light RP?

Just doesnt make sense. 

Side note 25 people signed that petition in one night. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Veronica Black said:

Its just thoroughly disappoints me to see admins tell the community members how little they matter and that if they dont like it they can get out.

Nobody is saying you don’t matter. Please stop placing words in our mouth.

We work hard to provide the best possible experience for everyone, but we’re not going to fracture the community to achieve that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Veronica Black said:

Tbh it doesnt even matter. I could go light RP or heavey RP and have fun. 

It was a suggestion to try and improve the commuity for some without effecting the light RP environment others enjoy.

And all thats come of it was a giant F U to the people trying to improve this commuity. 

And the snarky comments that rang in from someone who would have been entiely unaffected by a change like this was supported by admins. Thats pretty messed yo.

If you werent gonna miss us anyways. Then how would it have splintered the comunity to separate us from the light RP?

Just doesnt make sense. 

Side note 25 people signed that petition in one night. 

The problem is that's literally not what's happening right now. The admins have given their reasons as to why they don't think it will be beneficial to the community as a whole, and their reasons are legitimate and valid. They're not saying that those wishing for a better roleplay experience don't matter, they're saying that what is being asked to happen is difficult to manage and can ostracize people in the community. No where did someone say they wanted those wanting a better experience to leave, in fact it rang as a "I'm sad to say" and a "I hate to say", but their comments are valid.

You will not get what you want here on Badlands, and the admins made that clear. They are saying that if you want a heavy RP experience, you will have to go to another server.

Just because someone doesn't agree with what you guys want doesn't mean they're telling you to fuck off. As Speed said, sacrifices have to be made.

1 minute ago, Veronica Black said:

"Please don’t take this the wrong way, none of us want to see players leave. But whether you want to accept it or not, Badlands will live on with or without you." Speed 2018

Where does that say you need to leave? Where does it say that you have to leave?

Again, you're not going to get a heavy RP experience here like you guys want. That's been expressed multiple times already. Accept it and move on.