Mini Games (Prison)

Victor Lee

1 hour ago, Ugene Hasström said:

tasks for lowering the jail time could be great

Agree with this. Getting money back while in prison just don't seem right. But doing those activities you can lower your prison time because of your "good behaviour". I know have this on other servers and it works great.

7 hours ago, Victor Lee said:

In recent changes, the prison environment has already been altered in order to create a more pleasant and RP-encouraging environment.

To continue on this trend, would it be possible to add some 'mini-games' chores in the prison where convicts are able to earn back up to 100% of the restitution fines?

This will keep players from AFKing in prison and could create some interesting interaction between other prisoners as well as keep prisoners busy and make prison a more interactive environment.

Some chores could be:

- Assembling parts for machines

- Laundry

- Cooking

- Cleaning

Cleaning those showers ???

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Storrent said:

As if everybody in this server isn't more ink than skin already

Eh i just thought about it cause everyone else i went to prison with had tats but i only have my tattoos where i have them irl. It would be cool if there was some tattoo designs that you can only get in prison.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Bumping this thread. Please give us something to do. I understand that prison isnt supposed to be fun, but it also shouldnt be a place void of literally anything to do. As of now, if i go to prison i minimize my game and watch a youtube video or go do a few chores. I have a feeling most people do something similar. That means i'm taking up a slot for up to 30 minutes while basically not doing anything. Theres already been a few good suggestions, but I'll add a few more. 

- A work out area. Obviously it would not be the same as the regular gym, i'd say maybe cut in half the amount of str xp you get or make it similar to picking peaches. Working out is how a lot of prisoners pass the time.

- Cleaning up the yard. There could be several spots around the yard that would work like picking up grapes but it would be trash that you need to dispose of in a barrel. After a certain amount is returned to the barrel your sentence would be reduced by a month. For example 20 trash = -1 month.

- Laundry duty. I'm 99% sure i remember there being a laundromat interior from the base game GTAV. As with the trash cleanup job, after a certain amoumt of loads your sentence would be reduced by a small amount due to good behavior.

Hopefully some other people can come up with more ideas. Because as of right now all character progression/gameplay/RP stops the second you get to prison.

• Like 4

You can always roleplay there? There's nothing saying that the confines of BPSP are a no-roleplay zone. Multiple people get imprisoned, have a talk with them. RP out a yard fight (since you don't take damage while imprisoned) or fuck with the guards. Throwing some extra animations, button presses, and floating text won't do much.

• Like 1

Every time i have seen another person in prison they are afk. If there is a reason to not go afk then people will be less likely to go afk. so yea, it actually would do much. And you can't hit other prisoners in prison so you cant even have yard fights.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Coach said:

Bumping this thread. Please give us something to do. I understand that prison isnt supposed to be fun, but it also shouldnt be a place void of literally anything to do. As of now, if i go to prison i minimize my game and watch a youtube video or go do a few chores. I have a feeling most people do something similar. That means i'm taking up a slot for up to 30 minutes while basically not doing anything. Theres already been a few good suggestions, but I'll add a few more. 

- A work out area. Obviously it would not be the same as the regular gym, i'd say maybe cut in half the amount of str xp you get or make it similar to picking peaches. Working out is how a lot of prisoners pass the time.

- Cleaning up the yard. There could be several spots around the yard that would work like picking up grapes but it would be trash that you need to dispose of in a barrel. After a certain amount is returned to the barrel your sentence would be reduced by a month. For example 20 trash = -1 month.

- Laundry duty. I'm 99% sure i remember there being a laundromat interior from the base game GTAV. As with the trash cleanup job, after a certain amoumt of loads your sentence would be reduced by a small amount due to good behavior.

Hopefully some other people can come up with more ideas. Because as of right now all character progression/gameplay/RP stops the second you get to prison.

+1 great ideas you brought up would much rather do these instead of beat up prisoners then go afk for the rest of my sentence. 

• Like 3

I really do like this suggestion. I feel like it could create a little more character for the inmates as well since some people get let out early on good behavior so that could be part of your character. I wouldn't expect the jobs to be fun but a reward like reduced time Coach said would be great. Also I get that prison isn't supposed to be fun but let's not forget this is a game, so I don't see the harm in at least making it interesting.

Edited by Benjamin Wells
  • Like 3

I still would like laundry to be done in prison as a mini job in prison. I mean it's productive and gives them something to do. Perhaps add gym activity in there that can be a mini game? I have always been for make the the time in prison productive but at the same time not as fun, because then everyone is going to want to go to prison, but that being said it gives the LSPD more to do. :P just my opinion. 

• Like 3