the removal of repair shop 2/6 and 5/6

now i realize this is not gonna be a popular post for a few reasons, however that being said i believe desperate times call for drastic measures. so lets get down to the nitty gritty.
repair shop 2/6 is often best described as being toxic and or trolly on most days to the point police often shut it down, also because of it's centralized location no one even tries to man the other shops because people seldom ever go to them. especially since 2/6 is right next to the freeway. the solution is a simple one remove it entirely and move 5/6 to the atomic garage just north of Jamestown.  with no centralized repair shops people will be more apt to man the different shops throughout the city which will also likely reduce the chances for large congregations of people gathering at a single repair shop. now their is no garuntee that this will work 100% but it should reduce the amount of utter nonsense that occurs on the grand scale improving the server as a whole. ontop of reducing the chance for getting 4 people clocked on as mechanics all manning the same damn shop. now im sure there will be a bit of resistance to this suggestion but i honestly believe it will help the community as a whole in the long run.

• Like 4

I understand where you’re coming from and I slightly agree. The 2/6 mechanic is sometimes a place where it’s trolling, toxicity and cancer. But that’s probably just because of it has grown to be a meeting place over time. If the place is removed, people are either still gonna meet there or move to another location. It’s natural for people to find a place to meet others, and to start adapting to a new area. 

I think the 2/6 got so popular because it’s close to almost anything you need. Shops, garages, atms, clothing store, firearm store, and usually you pass it when exiting the city. So how would we fix this?

I have a feeling that removing it will fix it for a few days, but not permanently, which makes the whole change useless to begin with. But it is stressful for both police and EMS to get 90% of their calls at that location...

Im open-minded to discuss this further.

• Thanks 1

There is always gonna be a meeting point where most of the shitshows happen. History proves it. Removing it won't change that.

Now... It is true: the people that dont want to participate in that, simply go to another repair shop and repair the car themselves, mostly (at least in my experience) because i get zero RP out of going to 2/6. That being said, i have met real good mechanic RPers there too, it's a matter of chance, the problem is in 10 seconds it could turn into chaos and then i just choose to move on.

My suggestion is that the real good mechanics that are in it for the RP and not the social game (that mostly turns into shitshow) start picking other repair shops, I will always go to any repair shop that is on the clock no matter where its located, simply because im looking for that kind of interaction.
Let the people that still want to meet there be there.. but give the chance to people that want to repair their cars with a good mechanic go somewhere else.

• Like 4

Where the repair shop is located is irrelevant. Back when repair shops first came out, Hayes Auto was the main hang out spot (other than Legion) and there was lots of similar activity down there. People go to the repair shops because they know other people will be there that they can talk and interact with, i don't think changing the location will do anything. If you think putting a garage right next to vagos territory will decrease how often cops are responding to the garages i want what ur smoking lol.

• Like 1

Stuff won't change, the OG's would know that City Hall was the place to be at the start, then came legion and 2/6 took over. No matter what people will find a hangout spot and make it toxic, while i'd love for Legion to be the main spot again i'm not gonna say it wasn't toxic af. The only reason it's toxic is because people don't listen, i've saw the owners of 2/6 say for people to calm down and don't cause issues but they still have people shooting, punching locals and making a mess of the place. The bottom line is, it's the population that make it toxic so do something to change their attitudes :/

• Like 3

On 5/19/2019 at 7:00 AM, Flori said:

There is always gonna be a meeting point where most of the shitshows happen. History proves it. Removing it won't change that.

I agree, it used to be legion, then it became 5/6 and now 2/6. I think it just comes down to people's behavior and not contributing to those bad situations. And like Florida said people can go to another mechanic it it gets bad, there are 4 mechanic shops in the city alone.

If you guys are witnessing toxic/disruptive and even exploitative behavior (like shitbirds who knock over locals on their motorcycle to steal them -- watched one guy do it 3 times in a row yesterday, in front of cops even), you should record and report and it will be dealt with. But yeah, there is always going to be a nexus where the "cool kids" hang out. There is good and bad that comes from this, but it's how it will always be. If you choose to hang out there, there is nothing wrong with that, just be the change you want to see (and have a finger over the record/mark tape button at all times).

• Like 2

Just stop tipping them completly, the people doing it for the right reason will stay.  The tip system exists and thrives because people feel pressured to tip well as to not stir hornets nest or get called out for shitty tips.  If the people in it for the wrong reasons get cut off of funding the Circus will move somewhere that does not affect so many people overall.

Mechanics showing up to other jobs to make cash while on downtime or a "break" needs to be called out and stop being normalized as well.  Just stop supporting the toxic behavior and lazy RP and reward the ones doing it right.

12 minutes ago, tehmuggz said:

Just stop tipping them completly, the people doing it for the right reason will stay.  The tip system exists and thrives because people feel pressured to tip well as to not stir hornets nest or get called out for shitty tips.  If the people in it for the wrong reasons get cut off of funding the Circus will move somewhere that does not affect so many people overall.

Mechanics showing up to other jobs to make cash while on downtime or a "break" needs to be called out and stop being normalized as well.  Just stop supporting the toxic behavior and lazy RP and reward the ones doing it right.

Back in the day, there was a group of mechanics (forgot who) but they would charge according to the class, for example:
Motorcycles - $250
Cars (average) - $500
Heavy/utility - $750
Supers - $1000

Plus they would RP super well, they'd /emote mechanic to see under the car, look around and tell you exactly what was wrong and how they'd fix it.
While free repairs + tips may be nice for those just starting out, it feels stupid. What mechanic would let you drive out of their shop without paying parts and labor? nobody.

Edited by Oscar Wilde
  • Like 1

Nothing to do with the location to be honest, it’s the people not the place. I’ve personally never had any issues but I can imagine the way some people are can be intimidating to others. 

At the end of the day it was the same at legion, and would be the same anywhere else. Just avoid the situation to begin with if it’s not your cup of tea. 

4 hours ago, 2Breeze said:

Nothing to do with the location to be honest, it’s the people not the place. I’ve personally never had any issues but I can imagine the way some people are can be intimidating to others. 

At the end of the day it was the same at legion, and would be the same anywhere else. Just avoid the situation to begin with if it’s not your cup of tea. 

Saying to just avoid it is not a fair solution overall.  Having to pay $2000+ repair bills I'd not a solution.  

Legion was bad before yes, BUT it did not impact others that wanted to avoid it.  When the toxicity affects basic mechanics it cannot be avoided.

12 hours ago, tehmuggz said:

Saying to just avoid it is not a fair solution overall.  Having to pay $2000+ repair bills I'd not a solution.  

Legion was bad before yes, BUT it did not impact others that wanted to avoid it.  When the toxicity affects basic mechanics it cannot be avoided.

We need to have mechanics more spread out, that way we wouldn't $2000 repairs. That is an entirely different problem that really isn't being discussed. Now as far as impacting people, I personally have been held up or mixed up in things just by stopping at the legion bank. I have had a gun pointed at me and been robbed while in the animation to withdraw money. I think it simply comes down to this, if people are being shit heads at the Elgin Garage or anywhere else, just report it on the forums and move on with your day. There are bound to be problems like this no matter what you do. Removing the shop entirely is a bad idea that will affect more people in negative ways, than positive.

7 hours ago, Reuben ~ Reckonity said:

#MakeLegionGreatAgain!

100% agree, bigger space, people can do separate groups so everyone doesn’t have to listen to 2/3 people. There’s more to look at..you got a bank and parking lot..just a better space in general. Kinda funny how it all shifts around really. 

#MakeLegionGreatAgain

On 5/21/2019 at 6:45 PM, Serena said:

The toxic behavior at 2/6 mech shop is due to a player mentality, not a location.

while it is indeed player mentality the shops centralized location for a repair shop does draw in the crowd and contribute to it. but my point about it being a centralized shop killing business for anyone that tries to run the others is still accurate.

I agree it is difficult to run another shop other than 2/6 because nobody else really visits anywhere else. I myself love the interaction you get with RPing as a mechanic and you get to meet loads of different people and keep your ear to the streets. I would like to see more stuff added to the car mechanic role with expansion of different locations. But that’s another topic entirely.

i dont think the location is the issue, i think that everyone just needs a general hang out. Just like irl we have general hang outs. Clubs, Bars, Places to meet new people and have fun.....the mechanic shop was just randomly chosen overtime.