Blindfolds

Serena

I've got a feeling this was brought up before but I am struggling to use the search function properly *ahem*

I think this would be potentially really simple to implement?

1. Purchasable from Black Market (Or UTool? Call it something related to cloth?)

2. Can use on individual closest to you, takes ___ amount of time to actually apply (so people don't just use it to troll)

3. Doesn't completely make your screen black, but severely cripples vision by how dark it is. 

Can be removed by player but takes ___ amount of time so they don't try to abuse the purpose of being blindfolded.

Edited by Serena
  • Like 6

I don’t see a good use of the blindfold if they still have vision. I would link blindfold and kidnapping together, but if blindfolds get added, I would like to see some sort of link restrains too.

Like in DayZ there are several items you can use to restrain someone’s hands. With rope, duct tape and hand cuffs. I believe you can struggle out of all 3 things so you’re not permanently in them. Imo would be a great implementation along with blindfolds.

25 minutes ago, Chan Wong said:

I don’t see a good use of the blindfold if they still have vision. I would link blindfold and kidnapping together, but if blindfolds get added, I would like to see some sort of link restrains too.

Like in DayZ there are several items you can use to restrain someone’s hands. With rope, duct tape and hand cuffs. I believe you can struggle out of all 3 things so you’re not permanently in them. Imo would be a great implementation along with blindfolds.

It would have to be dark enough to be a hindrance, but enough that's realistic if you were told to turn left, right, walk forward, you have a decent idea of where to move, since they can't actually be pulled along. I don't see restraints ever being brought in place for civilians, so this is the only alternative way I could see us getting blindfolds.

• Like 1

+1 I would love to see this added. I personally like the idea of it not making you completely blind but enough to make it hard to make out where you may be at or where you're going.

This plus a f1 f2 menu for people dragging or carrying you would add so much to the roleplay of kidnappings. 

1 hour ago, Reuben ~ Reckonity said:

Well if it gets rid of the map and roads they have when the blindfold is on it could actually help with Meta-gaming, it helps with furthering RP and preventing rule breaks so it's a win win for me personally

I guess I don't understand. We dont have zip ties, so why could the person not take it off themselves. I'm trying to understand the use.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thorgs said:

I'm with Serpico on this one... You say kidnapping and hostage its kinda mute if they can just remove it themselves or ya just gonna bust a cap in them if they remove it for those two reasons not worth the RP in that case. 

20 hours ago, Serena said:

Can be removed by player but takes ___ amount of time so they don't try to abuse the purpose of being blindfolded.

In real life a person would be able to remove the blindfold. In this situation, if the hostage/kidnapped person tried to remove it (it would be an animation obviously) then they'd not be valuing their life (if the demand is made)... I don't understand the disconnect here.

It's not pure black screen, it's just to hinder one of the senses, and could make a kidnapping more realistic. However, the use of it in a kidnapping is only one of many I foresee. People are creative. 

i mean i love the idea but the ''item disablement kit" is useless as is nobody uses it. replace it with zipties that can be broken off you are still able to walk and put yourself in a car whatever and that we can use an item like a snipping tool to cut them lose or have one of our friends cut us loose

things you cant do would be driving yourself. use your weapons or phone aka prettymuch the same as the kits but with an actual use. and rp value
make breaking the zipties yourself faster if you equip a knife

now comming back to the blindfold. this would make this scenario verry possible and opens up RP

now lets talk about ABUSE of the mechanics above.
YES i understand people will ziptie their friends for no reason.
Or the default danny's will.
but add zipties to a RDM type of rule where you HAVE to initiate just like you do before you shoot. else its concidered RDM with a bodycam people who do not obey to such behaviour can be spotted out and we can have our joys.

8 hours ago, PeterMcKay said:

i mean i love the idea but the ''item disablement kit" is useless as is nobody uses it.

Completely false, I and many others use them on a regular basis when committing crimes. Theyre actually a necessity it many situations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 8:09 AM, Kota Taylor said:

I have and always will be in favor of zip ties. However not on public servers. It breeds OOC Salt and toxic behavior.  

To an extent yes, but regardless of if we have this or not people still get OOC toxic.. in my first few weeks here I encountered this 2x and much worse than anything else I have ever experienced. Whether the game mechanic is implemented or not OOC toxicity and attacks will still happen. Doesn't matter why or what caused it, if the person is "that type" of person it'll happen.

Also @Serpico completely understanding the whole thing of "they can just remove it as there is no way to keep them from doing so. However there are ways to combat someone removing the blind-fold. Maybe make it something more interactive and take more effort to remove that takes time and can be caught through animations that would then cause the opposing side to have to interact against them? I'd like to think of it in a "Tug-of-war" sense. GTA has the base file of the arm wrestling I believe, and that's more so what I am imagining along with the cross breed of how weed is made. It starts with some commands like weed

1. "Your blindfold is too tight" Press {x} button to loosen - takes 3 seconds to complete and must be undetected.

2. "Your anxiety is kicking in" Press {x} to calm yourself down - takes 3 seconds to breathe deeply and relax.

3. "You are starting to see your surroundings" Press {x} to shimmy off the Blindfold (This would allow the blinded to be able to see the Map and Roads again and brighten up their screen, I say this because I imagine if implemented the screen would get dimmed similar to a black-out but not as bad)

And on the Opposing side:

If caught during the first interaction the "threat" or "Blinderfolder" would have to approach the person and they would receive a prompt saying

~ "The blindfold seems looser than you thought" Press {x} to tighten

If caught during the second animation I see this going two different ways. The blindfolded would need to be freaked out or scared again so IDK  get creative with it or something or continue with the prior template. 

So on so forth. I don't know how difficult this is but to me it sounds nearly impossible..I don't blame if this gets shut down xD however would be sick

Edited by Ozzie Ozbourne
  • Like 1

/me Puts on blindfold.....

whats wrong with this?

Any player who wouldn't do that, after being asked by a hostile player that they have surrendered to, and play along with, isn't going to be forced to play along anyway.

What your asking for is a prop or tool to enhance RP for a select few, where the vast majority would use it to get one up on another player.

So what I suggest is a "/blindfold on,off" command, were the character puts on a blind fold, but has no hindered on game what so ever, it is purely for RP and at that players discretion. 

In this sense it can only be used to increase immersion, which is pinnacle to RP.

Also a player could put one on for any reason, maybe for a stunt bike trick, or walking a ledge for a show, or a robber asks cops to put them on before making a run for it. 

The point is, you can never force a player to RP, you can only help them to RP better.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

So what I suggest is a "/blindfold on,off" command, were the character puts on a blind fold, but has no hindered on game what so ever, it is purely for RP and at that players discretion. 

In this sense it can only be used to increase immersion, which is pinnacle to RP..  

This is a good idea! This, IMHO, is probably the best compromise.